Tow hooks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was on Ebay looking for some cheap tow hooks and found these. They have no hardware but can I get some from the dealer or a hardware store? Also I was wondering if one of the moderators could eliminate the 4 letter minimum from the search function. Drives me and probably a lot of people freaking bananas.

BRASMAN

Reaction score
I just did the hitch thing is why I asked because I had to remove mine from my 06 to put the hitch on.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most specialized piece you need is the studplate, which you can get for $10 (x2) here. There is also a 10mmx1.50 bolt you'll need & a threaded clip deal (x2)you can get at Ace Hardware for a few bucks.

You can get the whole kit new for $105, and the auction is already at $25 plus the ~$30 in hard ware you'll have to pick up. Just keep that in mind as you bid.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of fronts without the hardware too, got them for a good deal. Haven't had any luck finding the 'M' bolt you need. I'm going to try pulling the front bumper skin and just using bolts. Might have to spot weld the nuts to a peice of metal and then sliding the whole thing in to the frame. Hopefully I'll be doing this next weekend. There has to be a way to mount the hooks without the M-bolt!

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why the eBay item is missing the hardware. Maybe they removed them in a hurry (stolen). Maybe I should check my Libby to make sure mine are still there.

Some people find they have to take their entire bumper off to get the front tow hooks on but with some tight finger work I was able to get mine on my 04 Liberty Sport.
You must be registered for see images attach

PM me with an email address and I can send you the complete PDF file detailing the installation instructions.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why the eBay item is missing the hardware. Maybe they removed them in a hurry (stolen). Maybe I should check my Libby to make sure mine are still there.

Some people find they have to take their entire bumper off to get the front tow hooks on but with some tight finger work I was able to get mine on my 04 Liberty Sport.

PM me with an email address and I can send you the complete PDF file detailing the installation instructions.

If you can find a M-bolt (item B) then you shouldn't have to remove the bumper, the problem I'm having is finding a M-bolt. The local Stealership say's I can only get them if I buy brand new tow hooks.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can find a M-bolt (item B) then you shouldn't have to remove the bumper, the problem I'm having is finding a M-bolt. The local Stealership say's I can only get them if I buy brand new tow hooks.

The M-bolt & the stud plate are the same part. My link above was supposed to take you to the proper part, but I see it did not work right, so I'll try again.

Click Here, & if their is no part listed, type part number: 52059352AB into the "Multi-Part Search" window, select "JEEP" where it says select make. BAM! Stud plate $10!:D

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know this is about 3 weeks late but I got my tow hooks installed. Thanks for the instructions. The M bolt for the 2006 (Probably 05 to 07) is actually a piece of flat metal with 2 separate bolts attached to it. I had to remove some funky caps holding on the bumper shell to put them in. Fairly easy since I had cut my bumper and used rachet straps to hold out said bumper during install.

On a semi-related note, I vaguely remember someone having a rear tow hook for cheap. Anyone know who that is??

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is about 3 weeks late but I got my tow hooks installed. Thanks for the instructions. The M bolt for the 2006 (Probably 05 to 07) is actually a piece of flat metal with 2 separate bolts attached to it. I had to remove some funky caps holding on the bumper shell to put them in. Fairly easy since I had cut my bumper and used rachet straps to hold out said bumper during install.

On a semi-related note, I vaguely remember someone having a rear tow hook for cheap. Anyone know who that is??

That's strange. I never had to remove anything to install them. I just hadda cut the tabs out on the bumper where the hooks are.

sean150

Reaction score
Midnight, have you thought about putting D shackles on the front? Iv seen people go buy steel bars designed to extend out the bar hitch and simply drill two holes on one end and bolt it onto the point where the hooks would mount and then they attached the shackle through the hole thats for the actual ball to screw into. Iv seen them sold at walmart and most stores that carry an towing supplies.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two of the front tow hooks that I took off when I put the push bar on, can one of those be used as a rear tow hook and where is the mounting place LR?