Tow hooks for the front how about the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I all ready know I'm gettings tow hooks for the front but what do you guys prefer for the rear. I was thinking about a hitch for the rear as I can always put a hook on to it.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with a hitch. Then you have an option of using a hook receiver or a Shackle receiver. Even get a winch with a hitch receiver to slap on it :D.

I have a Hook receiver for my hitch that I got from Harbor Frieght for $10. I would perfer a Shackle but i haven't really found a nice one in local stores.

I've used my hook a zillion times now with out a problem. If you can get a shackle receiver though go for that. Most of time you can put one together your self. Which I think I'll do.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a hitch on the rear so I just bought a Warn bar and shackle and it works fine and is more secure than a hook.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I like the trailer hitch approach.
I have a tow ring that fits the receiver and I was given a tow hook for Christmas that fits into the 2 inch receiver.
That and I can insert my winch if need be and I can pull a trailer.
However, I do see the benifit of having two recovery points in the rear.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running the mopar hitch with a hook receiver.

I ran a MOPAR rear hitch with a shackle receiver(much safer then a hook) for a rear recovery point until I installed the RockLizard Kumodo rear bumber.

Do you still have the shackle receiver? Would you sell it? I can't find one to buy around my parts of town unless someone can chime in on a store that sells them.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Phil.....Tractor Supply has them if there is one near you.

Dave

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of wiring kit are you using... I've been thinking about mounting a rear tow hook, but it seems that cost just as much as a trailer hitch...

Cheers! :)

Latest posts

Members online