Tow hook hardware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOrgan0824

Reaction score
I got a set of tow hooks from my local pull-a-part, but I don’t have any hardware to install them. Does anyone know where I can get some? I’m wondering if my dealership might have them, or can get them.

Attachments

• 267E2F67-E367-4FC2-98B9-4F84C8CF7D55.jpeg
    267E2F67-E367-4FC2-98B9-4F84C8CF7D55.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 15

Liberty For All

Reaction score
I bought my tow hooks from the dealer back in 2005. I recall they came with the hardened bolts and nuts that spread out as you turn the bolts into the frame. Not sure the rating of the bolts so ask JEEP at their phone number and if they don't make them at least you will know which bolts to buy at a hardware store.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled a set of hooks out of a wrecked kj at the local getting spot, they look exactly like yours and had the clips that had a threaded section on the lower half (edit: they're called j-nuts). I know it doesn't help find where they are, but it's a different mounting option if the dealer doesn't have what liberty for all got with theirs.

The front end looked like a poorly tied balloon animal, I just had to pry and untwist the metal the hook brackets were around, none of the clips survived in 1 piece :oops:

Last edited:

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the jeep Wj has the same hardware for the tow hooks as the kj did..so that might be an option for you to find

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year of WJ? I just did a quick search and didn’t see anything like what I installed. Mine have a funky U-bolt for one side.

Red Dog 6436

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a set of tow hooks from my local pull-a-part, but I don’t have any hardware to install them. Does anyone know where I can get some? I’m wondering if my dealership might have them, or can get them.
If I understand correctly, you're looking for these:

https://www.carid.com/jeep-oe/front-tow-hook-stud-mpn-52059352ab.html

From what I gather reading the various threads on here over the past year, the U-bolts/M-bolts are not recommended.

You will also need the "clip" that goes off to the side. Running late for work but will find and post you a link of those as well if I get the chance tonight.

Attachments

• 52059352ab_1.jpg
    52059352ab_1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: klc

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.