Too many codes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
I have an 03 Libby sport. Had a misfire in cylinder 4 a week ago. Replaced the plug and coil. Engine light cleared itself. Week later engine light on. Misfire codes on cylinder 3,4,5,6 also O2 sensor code. Drove a few miles after the code reads and now codes po837 & po838 popped up. Any ideas?? I do all my work myself so any guidance is welcomed!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Is your jeep a 4x4? How many miles are on this motor? Is there any valvetrain rattles or objectionable noise? Does the Jeep run rough when engine light is on?

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
Is your jeep a 4x4? How many miles are on this motor? Is there any valvetrain rattles or objectionable noise? Does the Jeep run rough when engine light is on?
Yes it’s a 4x4. I do have a small rattle but it’s from my exhaust bracket up front being broke. Now yea it did run rough last week when the number 4 cylinder went out. I couldn’t even climb a hill. But after I changed out the plug and coil it was perfect. It’s not running rough now even with all the codes but I haven’t really driven over 10 miles just to make it home. I went to one auto store to check the light ten minutes after it came on. It showed all the misfires n O2 sensor. I drove about 5 more miles n had it checked again and that’s when codes po837 n po838 popped up as well. So I drive home and left it parked.

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
Yes it’s a 4x4. I do have a small rattle but it’s from my exhaust bracket up front being broke. Now yea it did run rough last week when the number 4 cylinder went out. I couldn’t even climb a hill. But after I changed out the plug and coil it was perfect. It’s not running rough now even with all the codes but I haven’t really driven over 10 miles just to make it home. I went to one auto store to check the light ten minutes after it came on. It showed all the misfires n O2 sensor. I drove about 5 more miles n had it checked again and that’s when codes po837 n po838 popped up as well. So I drive home and left it parked.
Oh and it’s 233000 miles 03 Libby 3.7

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wendy, if we can please, lets keep your issues /discussions to one thread only here, for less confusion.
Help!! 03 liberty sport.. random misfire code, misfire on cylinders 3,4,5,6 also 02 sensor code along with codes po837 n po838
If there is a thread you wish to point to, it can be done by posting a link. https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/plea...bad-cause-the-jeep-to-throw-out-a-code.47881/
Do you have an automatic transmission or manual 5 speed transmission?
If this was my Jeep I would want to clear all of the codes, and then see which ones come back and then post all of your codes again.

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
Wendy, if we can please, lets keep your issues /discussions to one thread only here, for less confusion.

If there is a thread you wish to point to, it can be done by posting a link. https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/plea...bad-cause-the-jeep-to-throw-out-a-code.47881/
Do you have an automatic transmission or manual 5 speed transmission?
If this was my Jeep I would want to clear all of the codes, and then see which ones come back and then post all of your codes again.
It’s in automatic. And sorry for all the confusion I am new here and really didn’t know where to post. OK thanks for the advice I will get the codes cleared and try again. So I will be back with the results

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I would also recommend that you clear the codes, then drive it around for 30 minutes, then have it read again ok..

Members online

No members online now.