tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mojo_kj

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!
Im new to this thread.
My 95 XJ finally died, and i picked up a 2003 KJ.
I have a set of BFG all terrain 235/75/15 tires on the XJ that are virtually new, so I dont wanna junk em with the vehicle. I was wondering if I would be able to fit them on the KJ?
I know it comes with 16" rims, but can I get 15" rims to fit?
I would like to lift it a few inches in the future, probably when these tires wear out, so that I can fit 31x10.5x15.....but thats a ways away...
If I were to go with the cragar soft 8 - or even an attractive alloy rim, would I be able to get 15" rims on here and still be able to use these rims for the larger tires in the future?
If so, would the tires from my XJ make the overall diameter of the wheel tire combo, biggger or smaller than the KJ set-up?

Josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!

I hate for your first expirence on the forum is being yelled at for not searching before posting but... the very top topic in the KJ wheels and tire section is titled "Stock Liberty - 15" wheel question"
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f200/stock-liberty-15-wheel-question-51026/

Is that tread you will find:
"235/75/15 are marginally smaller than stock" and "15" steel rims won't hit the caliper. 15" alloys will"

as you can see I only have a couple of posts even though I lurk nearly everyday. Nearly every question I've had has already been asked and answered. I ment that to be freindly and not harsh. Again Welcome to the Forum:) ~Josh