Tires wearing on the inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekjm14

Reaction score
The rear tires on my wifes Liberty are wearing significantly more on the inside of the tire. I can't remember what they looked like the last time I rotated them so there is a definite possibility that the un-even wear is from the front end. Does anyone have any suggestions for wear to start looking to try and figure out what is causing the problem. I do remember that right after I rotated the tires last time I had the front ball joints replaced under that recall. Could this have caused the problem?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only two tires are wearing significantly and you're rotating them regularly, that means your alignment is really bad. Bad enough to wear two tires noticably between rotations. My guess is the front end. Are you thinking of doing your own alignment? If it were me I'd just take it to a good shop and have done with it.

derekjm14

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I guess I will be getting an alignment this weekend! I will probably just take it in and have it done. I prefer to do the work on our Jeeps myself, but for an alignment I think it would be best to just take it in. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the dealer would have done an alignment when I got the ball joints replaced under that recall?

derekjm14

Reaction score
Only the front end of a KJ is adjustable,if the wear is being caused by the rear the rear axle is bent.Like stated get a alignment done.

Thats what I was thinking! I really hope the uneven wear is from the front end. i don't really see how she could have bent the axle. The liberty is all stock and rarely goes offroad.

Latest posts

Members online