tire size for 2011 with 2" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikkisjeep

Reaction score
I registered this sn for my wifes 2011 Liberty. I installed a 2" lift on it a little over a year ago (spacers), and she's been on stock tires (225 70 r16). Since her front tires have worn bald on the outsides (my fault for being to lazy to rotate them in a while) we were looking at getting her some new tires, probably something more aggresive like all terrains or mud terrains. anyhow i was wondering a couple of things...

What size can we go up to without having a rubbing issue? I'm sure 235 or 245 70 would be fine but what about 235 75 or 245 75?

Also, I was wondering what direction we should go with aggressiveness, as she does mostly road driving (22 miles each way to/from work) with a little beach driving and the occasional gravel/dirt sometimes washed out mountain road up at her grandparents cabin. Should we stick with our initial all terrain choice or would something more aggressive last long enough with all that road driving?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245 75 16's might be a bit tight with your lift and 245 70 16 might be a better choice. 235 75 16's won't give you loads of choice either. No real MT's in those sizes either, just ATs

More importantly have you checked your alignment or intend to shortly after buying new rubber. Significantly balder on the outside points me in that direction. Did you align after the spacer lift, was it good?