Tire carrier for stock rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I have been in contact with Mark at DetoursUSA.com with the possibility of making a Tailbone system similar to that of what they have made for an XJ. Detours is the company that makes the Backbone winch plate that is currently installed on the front of my KK. This would be a great alternative to those that need/want a spare tire carrier instead of an expensive and heavy rear bumper. Nothing is in work yet but he believes that it would be easier to do then making one for a KJ due to the design of the rear bumper, the KKs is more flat. If anyone has pictures of the rear bumper removed from a KK and could send them to me or post them it would help him get an idea of where the project stands. It would be even better if we could get a KK in Northeast KY for measurements and mock up. Right now hes just on the look out in junkyards.

You must be registered for see images attach

Once again NOTHING is in work or for certain yet but if we had people that would show interest or could help out with pics or access to a KK it could potentially happen.