Timing Belt 2.5L CRD/2.8L CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just taken my 2002 Export 2.5L CRD into the local Jeep Dealers to have my Cambelt Replaced....200,000 kms.

The Mileage is not too bad but it has been 7 years since last replacement...I was always told that 6 years is the maximum time between replacements.

Bad news is the Local Dealers.....always been "useless"...cannot find a Belt anywhere in South Africa!:(

This coming Monday morning I will go back to the Dealers with the following Part Numbers for the 2.5L CRD and 2.8L CRD....2003 Parts manuals show that PN: 05066928AA is used for both the 2.5L and the 2.8L CRDs.

The 2006 CRD Manuals show a change to PN: 05142579AA to the 2.8L CRD.....surely must apply to the 2002/3 2.5L CRD as well?:oops:

I found an Overseas Site "AllPARTS" which does not have a contact number.....which shows a whole lot of well known OEM Suppliers such as BOSCH, Gates, Continental etc. and gives the dimensions of the Belt ie. Length, Width, number of teeth etc.

So if needed....can someone supply me with a Parts Suppliers' contact details preferably in Europe or if needs be in America who can ship this part to South Africa?:)

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Id-Parts has a timing belt kit. They're in the US. You might try VM Motori directly in Italy. Some US CRD owners have purchased new heads from a VM Motori representative in England. If you have no luck I can get a belt here and mail it to you but prices here are crazy high. I think I paid over $200..

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that....I will see how things go. First thing tomorrow I will be at the Jeep dealers with all the Parts Documentation that I have to check that they are actually searching for the correct part in the first place!

This is the place where the Workshop Manager told me I could use ATF+4 for my gearbox!:eek:

I found a supplier for the correct oil on the Internet at a good price so that was resolved!

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
These are the numbers on my 2005 original belt.
#46510636F 2001060
674 0501 355-363 005
The company logo is a blob.

GottaCRDKJ

Reaction score
I have just taken my 2002 Export 2.5L CRD into the local Jeep Dealers to have my Cambelt Replaced....200,000 kms.

The Mileage is not too bad but it has been 7 years since last replacement...I was always told that 6 years is the maximum time between replacements.

Bad news is the Local Dealers.....always been "useless"...cannot find a Belt anywhere in South Africa!:(

This coming Monday morning I will go back to the Dealers with the following Part Numbers for the 2.5L CRD and 2.8L CRD....2003 Parts manuals show that PN: 05066928AA is used for both the 2.5L and the 2.8L CRDs.

The 2006 CRD Manuals show a change to PN: 05142579AA to the 2.8L CRD.....surely must apply to the 2002/3 2.5L CRD as well?:oops:

I found an Overseas Site "AllPARTS" which does not have a contact number.....which shows a whole lot of well known OEM Suppliers such as BOSCH, Gates, Continental etc. and gives the dimensions of the Belt ie. Length, Width, number of teeth etc.

So if needed....can someone supply me with a Parts Suppliers' contact details preferably in Europe or if needs be in America who can ship this part to South Africa?:)
I live in California and bought an '06 CRD KJ from a guy who moved here from Canada, that's how rare these models are to find. I assembled my timing belt kit from ebay and Amazon.com... then I found sasquatchparts.com. They have most everything you need for a CRD.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this information....I supplied the Local Jeep Dealers with another part number I had found....I will give them a few days to see what they come up with!

This is Africa....we have what is called "Africa Time" which means there is no hurry for anything!;)

Artart

Reaction score

So if needed....can someone supply me with a Parts Suppliers' contact details preferably in Europe or if needs be in America who can ship this part to South

I recently had to replace my water pump and someone at masterparts sourced me what I needed. Parts numbers will be on the receipts

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I have seen snow twice in South Africa, 1964 and 1980 I think!

It is probably going to snow this Friday because the Jeep Dealers phoned to say they can do the Timing Belt change on Friday morning!

I am sure that Friday the 13th is not a bad omen because I am not supersticious.....touch wood!

They probably tried the Part Number for the 2002/3 Jeep 2.5/2.8 CRD that I supplied them with as apposed to the 2006 CRD number that they requested!;)

Latest posts

Members online