Thrush Turbo downpipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Thrush Turbo muffler (17715) w/2.5" inlet/outlet and a 2.5" downpipe. My problem is both the muffler and turndown have a I.D.of 2.5" so I cant slip one over the other. Should I try to find a turndown with a O.D. of 2.5 instead or can I cut some slits in the muffler outlet and put it on that way?

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the down pipe flared at one end? If not you could go to any auto parts store and they have adapters. I was gonna do that with mine, but went ahead and had it welded.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the down pipe flared at one end? If not you could go to any auto parts store and they have adapters. I was gonna do that with mine, but went ahead and had it welded.

The downpipe is not flared. I tried finding an adapter at O'reilly auto parts and NAPA and they have nothing. I could order a 2.5" O.D. downpipe at triple the rate of the 2.5" I.D. downpipe, WTF?

You would think they would make this muffler with a 2.5" O.D. being that the most common adapeter and downpipes are 2.5 I.D.