Throttle body spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate5238

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these, know what the performance gains are like?

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the Parts guy at my dealership last year, he said expect about 10 horses, just noticeable, and a lot louder intake noice, he said it would be a whistle-like sound. But installation doesn't affect warranty, according to him.

Marty

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TB spacer

I wouldn't believe those numbers....sounds a bit inflated to me..
something like that would maybe give you 10 horse...less at the wheels.

check out www.hughesengines.com/general/fuel_injection/37_throttle_bodies.asp , they can bore your throttle body and have dyno'ed that upgrade and say you get 10-14 horse at the wheels

if you're set on a spacer crane cams offers one called the Quik flow power spacer that with the size of crane, the company, i would probably guess that would be the one with most r&d behind it.

i think that i have also read somewhere that you can use the TB from a 4.7L GC engine to increase airflow .

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO I dont think you'll see even 2hp. The technology behind these spacers comes from carburated vehicles not fuel injected ones. As such they dont have the same benifits...