Throttle body spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate5238

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these, know what the performance gains are like?

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the Parts guy at my dealership last year, he said expect about 10 horses, just noticeable, and a lot louder intake noice, he said it would be a whistle-like sound. But installation doesn't affect warranty, according to him.

Marty

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TB spacer

I wouldn't believe those numbers....sounds a bit inflated to me..
something like that would maybe give you 10 horse...less at the wheels.

check out www.hughesengines.com/general/fuel_injection/37_throttle_bodies.asp , they can bore your throttle body and have dyno'ed that upgrade and say you get 10-14 horse at the wheels

if you're set on a spacer crane cams offers one called the Quik flow power spacer that with the size of crane, the company, i would probably guess that would be the one with most r&d behind it.

i think that i have also read somewhere that you can use the TB from a 4.7L GC engine to increase airflow .

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO I dont think you'll see even 2hp. The technology behind these spacers comes from carburated vehicles not fuel injected ones. As such they dont have the same benifits...

Latest posts

Members online