The snow is coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so psyched! finally some decent snow arounf here. they r callin for possibly up tp 16" of the fun stuff here in Scranton. I'm hoping to get some pics. Tomorrow is gonna be a fun day to own a Jeep.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah we're supposed to get up to 9" or so here. Too bad it's not the week-end or I'd head up to higher ground where their gonna get pounded, oh well, at least my drive home from work tonight will be interesting.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fasto82 said:
I am so psyched! finally some decent snow arounf here. they r callin for possibly up tp 16" of the fun stuff here in Scranton. I'm hoping to get some pics. Tomorrow is gonna be a fun day to own a Jeep.

It's nice to have the ol' 4WD when the snow is plowed by the city 3 feet deep at the end of the driveway and you have to get out to go to work. O:)

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's nice to have 4wd when the city doesnt plow any of the roads at all until after 18 inches are dumped on there.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to shovel my way to the Jeep and my driveway was plowed in good with big chunks of snow and ice. We had 28". I just drove out through it. Everything was plowed pretty good but big snowbanks everywhere so it was hard to see around the corner at my street. The road was still snow covered and icy underneith and still snowing hard and then the snow coming down turned to ice. Had to stop once to brake ice off the wipers so I could see better. Had to go 122 miles round trip. The interstate was also plowed good but still snow and ice underneith. It was slippery. Had to go real easy on the gas. The fastest I could comfortably go was 45-50. Hardly any traffic as schools were closed and I left early. Coming back in the driveway later I started to get high centered and I was coming in from an angle so I backed out to straighten the Jeep out and went to 4lo and pulled right through it. It was an intense drive but the KJ got me through it.

Dave

kspageddie

Reaction score
Liberty 1 Snow 0

Here in Marysville Ohio we had about 14 inches of snow and 1/2 of ice. My 03 Liberty ate up the snow. This is my first 4 wheel drive and I cant believe how well it drove me through the snow. Heck at one point I tried to get it stuck and I couldn't....

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got 6 to 8 inches of snow here, although most of it was that sleet crap....we would have had more than a foot if it was all snow....But anyways, my wife couldn't understand me going out in the weather.....I purposely had to get gas and pick up her prescription at the drug store, so those were 2 nice drives around with hardly anybody on the roads....I guess when that is your 1st snow of the year, you make up any excuse to be out in it with the jeep....