the KJ doesn't get much cover in JP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moab

Reaction score
I was looking through my JP magazines and it's had to find a KJ other than the mentioning those pricey CV's - I'm all for the Wrangler and have owned 2 of them even sold my last one for a KJ.
The KJ is not to be overlooked. I think there is enough interest to warrant some coverage if it is truely a Jeep Mag. It has covered quite a bit on the older jeeps along with Cherokee's, Jeep pickups, new concept Jeeps, of course the Wrangler, CJ's and Willy's to name a few. Anyone know of any Liberty articles?

Moab

Reaction score
Beatin' a dead horse....No respect...I guess...I thought I may have missed something. Well at least we can throw ideas around here - good or bad

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They have mentioned KJs a lot over the years.......
of course its always been negative but oh well there are other magazines who cover Liberty's way better
like 4WD and Sport Utility

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's because the KJ is too awesome for JP magazine. JP magazine isn't worthy of the KJ's awesomeness.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
JP Magazine called one of their project rigs a '94 TJ.

it's got square headlights and leaf springs.

Now tell ThunderbirdJunkie if you WANT the KJ represented in that rag.

Moab

Reaction score
They have mentioned KJs a lot over the years.......
of course its always been negative but oh well there are other magazines who cover Liberty's way better
like 4WD and Sport Utility

That's actually what I was going to ask next if the Liberty has been in other rags.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cappa hates KJs and he rules the JP rag.

"The KJ gets no respect"....as Rodney would say.

Dave

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We don't need a mag, those who mod there KJs usually are more into Jeepin then any other Jeep, just as we don't have much aftermarket support, it actually takes work, time and ideas to create mods for our Jeeps. :D
Anyone in a XJ TJ or YJ can order just about anything they could ever dream of with ease!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't need a mag, those who mod there KJs usually are more into Jeepin then any other Jeep, just as we don't have much aftermarket support, it actually takes work, time and ideas to create mods for our Jeeps. :D
Anyone in a XJ TJ or YJ can order just about anything they could ever dream of with ease!

That's right bmrrwolfe. We don't need no stinkin rag. KJ owners are more better..........errrr I mean innovative......:D

Dave

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cappa hates KJs and he rules the JP rag.

"The KJ gets no respect"....as Rodney would say.

Dave

I think Cappa is no longer in charge of the JP magazine so the KJ abuse seems to have ceased. Still the magazine is directed at the SWB Jeeps, the ********* offroaders which they haven't yet realized that some of us Libby owners are :D

Not long ago there was an organized effort to flood the JP magazine with Libby pics. Maybe we should do it again.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but that just led some goofs to list stuff like cell phone antennas as "mods", which would do more harm than good.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One good Off Road mag I like is Off Road Adventures. Not much on KJ's, but they drove a KK off road and were impressed.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JP is primarily a SFA mag. FSJs and SWB Jeeps and old military stuff. Have a stack of them in the closet from back when I was driving a 74 FSJ Cherokee and later on an 84 XJ. After the Liberty came out in 02 is when the subscription went in the outhouse!

Moab

Reaction score
When I got my KJ my friends were like "you got a what??"/
I'm like yeah, come on over and take a look... just put on my UCA's and little more lift with the top plate shims.

I've been a Wranlgler guy for about 8 years so I guess they thought it was a step down. But the Liberty was a surprize to me after I gave it a shot. With the lift and the Moabs it takes on a whole new look and performance. But even stock they can be quite surprizing if you give them a chance.

And it does take some innovation and thought to modify. And you've got to get past the first trimming, stacking, shaving, and drilling and you are on your way for those of us who want to mod.

Tell you the truth I like it better than the Wrangler - maybe I'm jut Wranglered out...but the Lib is solid and quiet inside and my wife and kids love it.
And the Stereo sounds awesome!:D

Last edited:

Powerman04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea gotta love KJ's for doing the best of a lot of world's and not failing epicly when trying. We brought the Sport back to sport utility vehicle. :cool: