the heeps almost finished. pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my expidition Heeps almost there I need to rework the tire carrier and then finish up the tailgate mods. but all and all its going good, the front is just some basic brush gard moded to work with Detours backbone. and yes thoes are limb risers and a the cb/weather ban radio antenia; mounted to the front.

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice jeep.

Dave

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well

The tires are 265/75X16 garddog Mt's I have around 35,000 miles one them and I think I'll be geting another set. I'm running a funny lift set up that most of you won't approve of, but its a combination of front CRD struts and springs and rockyroad spacers, out back is RR spacers and extra ISO but I need heaver rear springs. I went this rout because it was cheap$$$ Im into the whole build for 500 bucks minus the tires.

All I did to make the Back bone work with the brush gard was to cut the cross bar out of the brushgard. and flip the mounting brackets inside the front of the uni-body. I had to run the limb risers because in the North-East the trees and brush kept geting caught up between the rack and roof.
this week I'm moving the tire carrier to the drivers side to make room for a water can rack on the passenger side.

I have my 3erd Expedition trip planed in september, its some what local, Looking for some Steam Locomotives out in the woods of central Maine.

Anyone have any thought for some other mods or practical sugjestions?
Excuse my spelling lol....

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey gtommec, whats the deal with the your snorkel living in a wet area its always a consern when out on the trail I had done a good job on my old Rubicon water proofing it. it did have a snorkel. I have some conserns with the liberity, Ill be water proofing the computer and some of the electronics and making shutoff switches for the fans but what brand snorkel are you useing and has it been worth the money?

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey gtommec, whats the deal with the your snorkel living in a wet area its always a consern when out on the trail I had done a good job on my old Rubicon water proofing it. it did have a snorkel. I have some conserns with the liberity, Ill be water proofing the computer and some of the electronics and making shutoff switches for the fans but what brand snorkel are you useing and has it been worth the money?

It is a Safari Snorkel (made by ARB) www.safarisnorkel.com and yes it was well worth the money just this past weekend alone. With Hurricane Irene here the roads were flooded so bad that I had water coming over the hood of my Jeep, but had no issues driving through it. As a matter of fact the only issue with my KJ and driving through almost 4 foot of water was the fusible link for my radiator fan blew (which wouldn't have happened if I had it on a switch like you are talking about) After driving around a good part of the day in 3ft water and like I said even over my hood in a few spots I pulled the airbox cover off just to check and my air filter was still bone dry, not a drop of water in there at all! So I would say yes it is worth the investment.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Very nice heep you have there.
I am liking those limb risers you installed! We have the same problem with branches
and such here on the wet coast. Usually I get out of the heep and I am the limb riser!
Do you have any close up photo's of the Backbone/brush guard? I'd like to see that.

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I do but I'm leaving for a trip to Florida tomorrow but I'll post pics when I can I think I have at least one or two on my phone.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.