teraflex help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tphitterlude92

Reaction score
i tried searching but i could not find a thread. i am having trouble installing the bumpstops. they are very hard to push into the holes and i can only get one side of the bump stop in at a time. any tips on how to get them all the way in?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dish liquid. There is one method with a spade shovel face down wedged into spring and push up.
Brute force, lube, and ignorance put mine in.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little oil and warm them good with a hair dryer first. I had the same thing happen to me. After warming and the warm oil unbelivable how easy thay poped on. I use just a pipe on top of the tire pushing up on the bump stop.

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 x 6 on top of tire just pry up and "POP". Also, the oven can do wonders too, and soapy water. Still best with a pry bar of some kind. Most on here haven't tried the oven like me. LOL!

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used a long crowbar to install mine, wedged between the tire and the bumpstop,
went in with zero effort!

(that was after having spent an hour or so trying to muscle it in with my bare hands..)

Really admired the power of physics when the first one popped right in.. The use of a lever made me feel like a real cave man reinventing the wheel, but you know what? IT WORKS WONDERS!!

Last edited:

tphitterlude92

Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE WARMING UP IDEA! it worked out pretty easy. i could do a write up seeing as how i took some pics even though its dark.

spideyrdr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUMP to this bump stop thread. Warmed mine in a toaster oven for 20 minutes at 150 degrees, used a little soap on the top, wedged a bar between the tire and the bump stop, and they popped in without too much effort. Good stuff!

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Large Channel Locks

Just put mine on today and it took about 30 seconds for each side. Need the big ones that are about 8 or 10 inches long. Hook the top in the middle, bottom in middle of bump stop, one notch forward from being fully opened. Place the stop in the rear and pop the front into place. No soap, no oil, no brute strength, no hammers or 2X4s, just the right tool. Easiest mod you will ever do.

Make that the 16" long Channel Locks. Great for doing brakes, too. Pushing the calipers in.

Last edited: