Taking apart the seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skidplate

Reaction score
I had the seats apart in my truck to replace the foam. On the seat part, the fabric was held on with little plastic slides at the 4 sides of the frame. Once you stretched the fabric enough to slip the keepers off, it just pulled apart. The hard part was stretching it back over the foam.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I love heated seats. Even though I have cloth it still would be nice on those cold mornings!

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, you're motivating me to get my ass in gear and hook up my (ALREADY PURCHASED AND INSTALLED) seat warmers. Just need to hook up power to them..........

LOL

-Blu

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
BluPhant said:
Man, you're motivating me to get my ass in gear and hook up my (ALREADY PURCHASED AND INSTALLED) seat warmers. Just need to hook up power to them..........

LOL

-Blu

Geez thats the easy part!

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Missing one connector. Been lookin for it. Might just break down and chop the wires & make my own. Missing the connector for under the passengers seat. Only available from jeep in a $1.3k harness. Not doing that anytime soon.

-Blu

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Connector

Do you have a pic of the connector you need?

BluPhant said:
Missing one connector. Been lookin for it. Might just break down and chop the wires & make my own. Missing the connector for under the passengers seat. Only available from jeep in a $1.3k harness. Not doing that anytime soon.

-Blu

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heating element in this kit appears to be one piece that goes in the back and seat portion. However at least with the leather seats the back and seat portion aren't connected in other words you can stick your hand between the two. Are the cloth seats all one piece. Can you use this application? I'd like to put some in the back seats but the leather ones create a big gap when you fold them forward.