Take It Easy On Me, Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good - and your grandson is lucky, too! :waytogo:

TreeJ

Reaction score
The Patriot and compass use belt driven transmissions in the automatics. Failure prone.

The kj liberty 2007 or older was a good vehicle. Manual shift of the 4x4 is nice. Lots of after market support too.

I've got a kk liberty with a 6 speed manual. Pros are it's decent for most things. My kids like that the rear seats recline. It's got a good amount of space in it with no sun roof too, as I'm tall. I welded in recovery points to it and gave it a 2" lift. Has rear wheel drive, 4x4 and low range. BTW budget daystar lift isn't good for front end tire wear.
Cons, low after market support. Electronic shift 4x4 and accelerator. So if its stalling during start up, you can't do bugger all about it. Electronic shift means if it doesn't want to let you shift with any electrical issues, you don't get to shift the transfer case. Door latches for the back doors are pretty far back from the front doors if you don't have power door locks that work. Other than that, I'm quite happy with it.

Members online

No members online now.