Tailgate/window actuator & rear wipes do not work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a google search and found that the part number is most likely... 05143017AA. $12.20 part. Hope this is the one.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rennagade- I believe that is for the part on the tailgate door handle. I need the posted in my picture.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they do, but I'm not sure that my part is bad or do I have an electrical problem and R&R would do nothing.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes that is kind of what was wrong with mine. your describing a open circuit with your switch. It should be open when you want the glass shut.

Mine was intermittantly closing the path through the switch causing it to randomly open or cycle the solenoid. like i was pulling on the handle

take the switch in your hand and depress it. if it works as advertised it wasn't making contact at the handle. If there is no change from unplugging it, go to your local dealer and order that switch. Sorry no part number.

If you have a DMM (digital multi meter, or analog, it really doesn't matter), put it across the connector to measure resistance [ohms]. open when not pressed. low (sub 10 ohms or practically zero) when pressed.

Not to the hijack the thread, So what should it read in ohms when testing the connector? No higher than 10?

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends if it's N/O or N/C switch. N/O normally open N/C normally closed. But still correct when closed.

Last edited:

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went into the Jeep dealer for a coupon oil change and had them check the tailgate, there was no codes from the BCM so they concluded that it must be from the connector in the tailgate handle. Unfortunately they didn't have another switch, so now I'm waiting for one to come in. I was scanning the web and came across a DaimlerChrysler "Customer Satisfaction Notification D16- Rear Flip-Up Window Switch" this is under Technical Service Bulletin #23-002-04 Rev. A. It gives instruction and pictures on how to make the repairs. I guess if you Google the above info it may pull up.

After I get the part, I'll let you know if it works.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received the tailgate handle wire and replaced the same. Still No power to tailgate or flip up window door latch!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.