Synthetic Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomjonesrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yoda13 said:
I would follow the manual in terms of oil changes, just until the warrenty expires, just so the dealer doesn't give you the business.

Which warranty are you referring to--the powertrain? Isn't that 8-year 80,000 mi. for most of us? Are you already beyond that (you said you were running synthetic)?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, yeah, I would follow the manual until the powertrain warranty expires. I think it is 7/70 for most. I bought mine before that happened so it has been many moons since I have had a warranty. The manual still says not to change the oil but every 7500 miles, some actually do have to follow the severe maintenance schedule, but most of us really don't. Most dealers will not honor the warranty if you exceed the manual's max reccommended drain interval. But I would still switch to syn. and change it every 7500 miles. Of course, it is different for a CRD.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.