Sylvania SilverStars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading multiple posts about these bulbs I decided to go out and purchase a pair. I put them in during the daytime so I was anticipating darkness to creep up. Once it was dark out I purposly left the house to drive it around and check out the new lights.

YEA!! I love em, they do make a big difference. I had speculation on how well they would be compared to the regular bulbs but I am definitley convinced.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I've got them... me and the sis. I caught them on sale for $28? at Auto Zone.

Ohhh, droool. Never again will I buy another bulb.

JeepnJer

Reaction score
Sylvania Silverstars...

I had Silverstars on my prev Jeep and they are brighter. It's time to upgrade the Liberty now. I was looking at Silverstars today at
AutoZone ($36/pair). Is it the 9007 ST's that are direct replacements for the stock 9007 QL's?

Thanks!

JeepnJer

Reaction score
SilverStars...

Yep, they be the ones. Took a bulb down to AutoZone and matched it up. Love that "white" light over the stock Halogens. Thx JW! No problemo JeepnJer.

Altered Ego 8-[

rogersjam

Reaction score
i purchased silverstars for my previous honda and one burned out after 3 months. i then sent and email to the company and complained. they sent me 2 new bulbs. the 2nd pair lasted over a year and then i sold the car. maybe bad luck, maybe the bulbs burn hotter and do not last very long?????????????????

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I has Silverstars way back on my KJ and loved them. Once they blew I tried the Nighthawks and they are not half as good. Stick with SS they rock.

Bevuel

Reaction score
I just installed the bright whites and they look very nice. I was very close to buying
the PIAA's but picked these instead. Good pick. Next week im going to replace the fogs.

Bevuel

Reaction score
I installed the fogs a few days ago. The blubs were the Silverstar H3's.
Big diffrence. I like.

FSJ Ralph

Reaction score
In the past week, I've swapped PIAA Xtreme bulbs into my Liberty, a set of the same bulbs in my friend's '96 Subaru Legacy sedan, and I put a pair of Sylvania Silverstar bulbs in another friend's '97 Saab 900 convertible.I

think they are similar in terms of whiteness and brightness, but I've read on the web that the Silverstars are likely to burn out in a year or so. So I guess the trade-off is that they're less expensive than the PIAA's, but also more readily available at Wally World and the 'Zone.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most everyone probably knows this, but just thought I'd mention it for anyone who might not know.
The oils on your skin will cause the bulb to fail prematurely. I always use latex gloves (exam gloves) when replacing bulbs.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grabbed some! Love em! Got the 9145s for the fogs, can't stand when folks mix them on the front, need some uniformity in my opinion.