Switch help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the switch I got... DPDT
You must be registered for see images

Okay, so I don't burn/blow fuses... follow me here and make sure I am doing this correctly
Switch like this

LoadA2 LineA LoadA1
LoadB2 LineB LoadB1

So the load a1/2 and b1/2 are the negatives... and Linea/b are positives.
So that's where I am... help!
I am trying to do this...
make the under jeep lights turn on by themselves with the bottom throw, and then have under jeep lights turn on with in-cab lights for top throw, and center off-meaning cab lights still work but under jeeps are off...
Does that make sense?
Thanks for the help!

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your dome lights i believe are controled on the ground side of their circuit, through the various door switches and light switch, this way when any one of those creates a ground condition, the lights turn on (power from battery to your lights, lights grounded through the switchs).

if you want the under jeep lights to turn on with the domes, wire a small relay in with one of the dome light power leads (ground or positive, doesn't matter if you are doing it right by the light, you are still doing it before the ground) do this by cutting your wire, and wiring the relay in series (line goes in one side, and out the other) (if you wire it parrallel you will short circuit the dome circuit and have it constantly on by giving it a new ground). open a door, light comes on, and also the relay does too.

now this relay also wires to the battery on one side, and then the under jeep lights on the other side. ground the under jeep lights as normal. now open door, everything comes on, and no additional draw on dome circut that will cause problems (miniscule draw of relay). in your relay power to the under jeep lights, wire in your switch so you can turn them off or on as you please. i forget what switch you need, but you will have two seperate powers in, and one going to the lights. one power in from your battery, the other from the relay. switch will need to have 3 positions, on, off, on. just put it in the position you want (on with dome, totally off, or on by them selves).
hope that helped

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online