Swap out spacer lift for some 927s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helo all. Looking to replace the spacer lift installed by previous owner with set of 927s. Fender height is right at 22 currently. Assuming some amount of sag, should the 927s put me back in the ball park? Doesn't loo like the clevis has been adjusted and I'm unsure if there is a top plate spacer. 2002 pre lowered by the way.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers plus 927s at 22" (3inch lift)? Your sure? Pictures?

I dont understand your question about the ball park....

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sits at 22 currently with the spacers. Wanting to remove spacers and replace with 927s. Will most lkely add 3/8 top plates and see where it sits. Can adjust clevis if need be.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It sits at 22 currently with the spacers. Wanting to remove spacers and replace with 927s. Will most lkely add 3/8 top plates and see where it sits. Can adjust clevis if need be.

No 3/8 inch top plates, only 1/4 inch from JBA

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question about the mount on the rod side of the shock. Anyone have them come loose? Noise I'm hearing is as if the upper shock mount is loose, allowing the rod to bang around. When jacking it up to lok at bushings and such, I saw/heard the spring/shock move and make the same noise. Don't hear it when going straighg over bumps, only when it rocks side to side.