Swampthing's kj...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...anyone know how he got that much lift?
Stacking the Rusty's coils lift and spacer lift,he's had alot of problems with it also.I'd recommend not doing it,to much headaches that will make you not want your KJ anymore.Just do it right if you want more then 4" of lift and SFA it,then at least you can regear properly.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA also sells a 4" lift. It requires you to shave the CV axles, or buy pre-cut axles. $$$
No it doesn't,and no it does not need "cut" CV cups.The 4" JBA lift is still in the operating angles for the OEM CV's,after that you will need cut CV's.

But how the CV are cut it make it real easy for the CV(inner one is the only one cut,the only one that can be cut also) to pull apart since you eliminate the machined lip that holds the clip that holds the joint together.Plus it shortens the outside lip that is used to clamp the CV boot on,making it easier for the CV boot to slip off.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how does this magical cut get done? Why exactly do you cut and how is it done?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
swampthing lowered his due to problems with the way it was lifted just an FYI, pass it on

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But how the CV are cut it make it real easy for the CV(inner one is the only one cut,the only one that can be cut also) to pull apart since you eliminate the machined lip that holds the clip that holds the joint together.Plus it shortens the outside lip that is used to clamp the CV boot on,making it easier for the CV boot to slip off.

My JE Reels had the retaining clip notch machined in the cup, but did not come with clips. I had to scavenge the clips from my OE axles & put them in.

Reaction score
yea he lowered it. i have the spacer kit he had. the last time i saw his jeep was late may but he had taken the moto metal rims off and the thornbird tires off and went back to the regular renegade rims. his jeep still looks damn good tho