Supercharged Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just looking on E bay and saw a supercharged 02 Liberty. Never heard of anyone doing that before.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THIS?
That thing is loaded! Only 38k miles too. It has some kind of performance suspension as well.

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been a few threads about forced induction on the 3.7 on here.
Basically, unless the internals have been upgraded (forged pistons etc) it's not a good idea.
They don't mention the details of the supercharge upgrade. I'd want all the details on that before going anywhere near it...

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They stopped selling the blower kit for the 3.7 because the pistons weren't able to handle it (ring lands were too high). At MINIMUM you would have to upgrade the pistons for the engine to survive a decent amount of time. A full forged internal upgrade would allow the engine to survive a little longer (don't know anyone who makes forged internals for the 3.7).

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still curious about the differences (mounting, bellhousing, and such) between the 2.4 in the libby and the 2.4 in the srt4. Very easy to have 240hp and 280ft lbs at the wheels with a flat torque curve from 1,500 (Have the dyno printout somewhere).

Slava

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice but I'm not very fond of the idea of making KJ racing car. There are a lot of cars that suit this much better then KJ, IMO. And the price is ridiculous. BTW, low mileage also shows that something wrong, IMO.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just figured out there is a link and it isn't just a general question. :p

There is something that strikes me as wrong looking under that hood.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL it looks like hes tunning with a ebay FMU. terrible idea. but kinda cool that he supercharged it

ndz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so thats what a kj looks like when its not covered in mud and full of tools and camping gear... kinda ugly really.

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this line from the description VERY hard to believe:

"I actually contacted the Performance shop where the work was done and took the vehicle there. They remembered the vehicle clearly. They mentioned to me that all of the work done was done precise and professionally and did not void the factory warranty."

Really!?

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice but I'm not very fond of the idea of making KJ racing car. There are a lot of cars that suit this much better then KJ, IMO. And the price is ridiculous. BTW, low mileage also shows that something wrong, IMO.

Laughing.. Thats funny. But yes. I think maybe the guy is thinking, Im driving a Liberty thats getting 9 MPG and for what? Probably justified getting a Cherokee with a 5.7 Hemi that dang near get same MPG as a stock Liby. Or if you realy wanted gonzo the 6.1 Hemi. There was a Hennessay Racing Jeep Cherokee forsale on Ebay a week or so ago for insane money.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

"I actually contacted the Performance shop where the work was done and took the vehicle there. They remembered the vehicle clearly. They mentioned to me that all of the work done was done precise and professionally and did not void the factory warranty."

Really!?
On the radio but the whole powertrain was voided.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Really!?
Throwing the BS flag on that one...

I wouldn't put a turbo in a KJ unless it was attached to a diesel. I would put a 4.7 V8 in it first (since this one can't get traded maybe I'll get to).