Stupid question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's your personal taste. Do your self a favor go to your local auto parts store and look through there selection of hub caps. Buy a set from them (even if they are not exact) and install them on your jeep for looks then return them. Then order the ones you want from online so you don't have to return them.

Looking at them online and seeing them on the vehicle are completely different.

Even if you do pick one of those hubcaps a good portion of your steel gray rims will show through from behind the hubcaps and you'll need to paint them anyway to give your wheels a finished look and not a "look at my fake rims look".

Painting the rims is extremely easy, and if your the lazy type they can be painted on the vehicle (even though I don't suggest that)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are factory chrome steelies i think.

guys...

whether hes doing it on purpose or its happening by accident..

this is a very good example of high level trolling lol

GJ, he is 17. You were 17 once too. I give him the benefit of the dought.

Dave

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a open discussion with your dad and show him what your doing and why. Or just do what I always did...

Do what I wanted and suffer the consequences later. As they always say it's better to ask for forgiveness then to beg for permission.

Again if you want the finished look after installing the hubcaps there's no way around not painting them

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i was misunderstood.. wasnt meant to be mean or anything. or else i wouldnt be trying to help further.
just a statement of behavior.. without being blatant he has taken the attention of many and not progressed..

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Avalanche....
Pay no attention to the few sarcastic, disrespectful posts on your thread. Unfortunately there are some clinically insecure peeps out there (hiding behind screen names) who use bullying the innocent as a means of self elevation. Pay no attention to them..., they're jerks. 99.99% of the time this site is really helpfull. Good luck with you wheel hunt.

avalanchejf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Avalanche....
Pay no attention to the few sarcastic, disrespectful posts on your thread. Unfortunately there are some clinically insecure peeps out there (hiding behind screen names) who use bullying the innocent as a means of self elevation. Pay no attention to them..., they're jerks. 99.99% of the time this site is really helpfull. Good luck with you wheel hunt.

haha thanks buddy. I think i found what i am looking for!

george0029

Reaction score
Am I the only 17 year old who wants Soft 8's and man tires on his KJ?

SHOCKED.gif ;)

drawnon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what I wanted and suffer the consequences later. As they always say it's better to ask for forgiveness then to beg for permission.
omg, I totally live 100% of my life this way... #-oI have a triple doctorate from the school of hard knocks, and what it has taught me, is that its cheaper to do things somewhat right than completely half assed. Call me a jerk and call me a delinquent, I have grown up some and have more respect now, but when I was 17 me and my buddies always messed with the fake looking hubcaps. They crack and break real easy when wearing steal toes.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what about chrome spinners? :D

Seriously you can't go wrong with a set of simple black steelies. Often you can find a set for sale online, at the end of somebody's driveway for sale or even at your local tire shop. Sometimes they will take old rims on trade when somebody buys a new set.

When buying used rims keep in mind the bolt pattern and offset. I think stock Jeep rims come in 17" & 16" and 8" wide with a five on 4 1/2" bolt pattern.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
CraigsList is also a good source for finding cheaper rims nearby... so then you won't have to worry about shipping costs.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a picture of your wheels, so we know what your talking about.
If they are the steelies with chrome skins like I think they are then take the skins off, and clean and paint the wheels black, this way you will always have the chrome skins to put back on if you don't like the black.

Also X2 on craigslist.
I sold my factory 16" rims for $75 for the set of 4 and was happy to get that much.

subflea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a picture of your wheels, so we know what your talking about.
If they are the steelies with chrome skins like I think they are then take the skins off, and clean and paint the wheels black, this way you will always have the chrome skins to put back on if you don't like the black.

Also X2 on craigslist.
I sold my factory 16" rims for $75 for the set of 4 and was happy to get that much.

Pretty sure that is exactly what he has. Same thing I had on my KJ when I bought it.

avalanche, doe what he said. Remove the plastic fake chrome skins and paint the steel wheels underneath. If you don't like it or your dad gets pissed, just put the skins backs on. Those crappy hub caps will look horrible because you will still be able to see the steel wheels behind them.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow you are worried about your parents getting pissed over painting the wheels on your Jeep
if they let you call it yours why should they care what you do to it

when I was 17 my parents let me buy a basically stock '65 Ford Galaxy ,big steel 2 door sedan
it cam with 3.55's a 289 V8 with a 2bbl carb
my buddies step dad had some parts from a '65 Mustang that was long but sold
but he had 4.10 gears a 4bbl set up and a floor shifter
he offered it all to me for $250 and he would help me install
remember that this car was no snail as it sat
my parents were like NO WAY but I had a job and paid my own way
saved my coins and did it any way
yeah they found out when I got a ticket for doing 90 in a 65 and racing
but it could beat a 5.0 with ease
yeah my but was grounded I told them that I threw out the old stuff
spent weeks grounded but still had the car

Latest posts