Strange noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voxx

Reaction score
My first post so please don"t butcher me; I replaced all the brake calipers and pads during x-mas and for a little time everything was grand until about two weeks ago, from the passenger side back tire I hear a noise wwhen going over anything that would not resemble a smooth surface. Im use to fixing things my self but to get a garage to do so is a pain, if anyone might have an idea and it is easy I will take care of it myself, if not thats coo.
Sound description: Not really high pitched or grinding; sounds almost like something is slamming against something.
Thanks for the help and feedback

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you remove the caliper bracket as well? If so, the whole bracket with caliper could be slamming around. I had this happen on my old car. Couldn't figure it out until I tightened the mounting bolts up really tight.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.:D

It doesn't necessarily sound like it's a brake problem since it only does it when you go over an uneven surface. Sounds more like a suspension problem possibly.

I would certainly recommend checking all the bolts you took apart, but I would also check the shock and shock bolts on that side.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If your shocks are old, they could be bottoming out. Welcome!!!(welcome)