Stopping the Trail Beast in it's tracks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerpaderp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Post! Hey yall, my name is Brien. I bought an 06 liberty last november, stock, with the intention of driving it, and knowing nothing whatsoever about cars except maybe that you squeeze the handle to pump gas and drive means forward and reverse sometimes means rearward.

A buddy of mine has been slowly working up his 150 into a trail rider/rescue truck. I have been working with him and learning a bunch and (shockingly) decided I have a puny stock car that needs to work better on trails in the mountains of montana. She has held her own for the most part, but it was time...

I got everything planned out and started work. First, I needed her to look pretty so we bedlined the whole outside in a flat black. Next up WAS rims, tires, grille guard, roof rack, sliders, and maybe skid plates.

But we hit a roadblock. A while back, the TPS light came on as well as check engine. Random cylinder misfire, Fuel circuit regulator high. Reset the codes and nothing came back for a while (with new tires/rims I will check the TPSM). Then last week engine light was back and cylinders 1 and 5 misfire. New plugs, cleaned coils, and nada. Compression test. Here is where it get's annoying:

Cylinders 2, 4, 6: No issues. 90-100 on first crank and up to 170-180 by 7th.
Cylinders 1, 3, 5: barely 90 on first crank, and barely up to 150 by 7th crank.

Wtf? Any thoughts please?!? This has to be fixed before any more mods to the outside. And good ole winter has reared her ugly head so I need to do it ASAP.

Second question:

Plans are order this kit with HD springs/struts from JBA all OME:
JeepinbyAl.com - Detail1 - OME-WK/XK-2.0 - OME 2.0" lift kit WK - Jeep Commander XK (2005-2010) - Jeep Grand Cherokee (2005-2010) - Old Man Emu Suspension Products - JeepinbyAl.com

Do I need spacers if I am to run 265/70R/17+ for tires?
Based on what I have read this kit +/- spacers is all I need correct?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Not sure what to tell you about your issues though but I bumped the thread up for you.

Dave

Jerpaderp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared to his very capable 150 I have nothing except better gas mileage and turning radius is what I meant by a puny stock car. It is definitely a very very capable jeep that has already tackled trails here with no problems... I just want more hehehe

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think everyone would need to see some pictures in order to fully assess the situation... Or at least just to admire some jeep pics :)

Latest posts

Members online