Stock radio and EVIC not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

springroll

Reaction score
In order to reposition my LCD screen I have disconnected my stock radio. When I re-connected it back and powered it back on the radio was NOT working. I checked all the fuses, they were all fine. However, one thing to notice is that when I pressed the TIME button on the radio, the LCD displayed the clock ( I suppose that's an indication the radio is still working). Apart from that, the overhead EVIC console (nothing showed up, no display at all) and the rear window defoster button on the air conditioning panel all STOPPED working.

Can anyone please offer some advice?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
beats me..
All you can do is go back there and check the connections, since the defroster doesn't work either, you might have pulled something when you removed the panel and did not push it all the way back in when you put everything together.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
springroll said:
when I pressed the TIME button on the radio, the LCD displayed the clock (

The time display and radio power utilize separate fuses, go back and re check fuses and don't rely on the fuse location based on the owners manual

Bob

springroll

Reaction score
Fixed. Took the car to an autoelectrician (cost 200 bucks #-o ), it was one of the diodes blown up in junction box.

Lesson learned, should always disconnect the negative battery terminal when working with electronics....