Stereo Install questions (Bennett?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ixian

Reaction score
Planning ahead for my Rene's stereo and according to Crutchfield there is some sort of "rain cap" that is behind the stock front speakers that may interfere with aftermarket install. Anyone know what this is? Hard to remove? How about the door panel removal-any pictures?

Also, when installing component speakers (want some 6 1/2 inchers) where exactly are you placing the crossover module (door/dash)?

Thanks for the factory stereo removal pictures, any pointers on the removal of the receiver trimpanel and exactly where the retaining clips are? Don't want to scratch up my dash first thing.

Any help, pictures links appreciated.
Bobby
help!.gif

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
ixian said:
Planning ahead for my Rene's stereo and according to Crutchfield there is some sort of "rain cap" that is behind the stock front speakers that may interfere with aftermarket install. Anyone know what this is? Hard to remove? How about the door panel removal-any pictures?

Also, when installing component speakers (want some 6 1/2 inchers) where exactly are you placing the crossover module (door/dash)?

Thanks for the factory stereo removal pictures, any pointers on the removal of the receiver trimpanel and exactly where the retaining clips are? Don't want to scratch up my dash first thing.

Bobby
help!.gif

The rain cap is a flexible plastic, that covers the speaker from drips. It's easy to remove, but you shouldn't have any issues with it.

To remote the door, there's basically two screws that hold it on and the rest is all clips. Actually crutchfield will give you detailed instructions on how to do everthing including dash, front, and rear doors. I'll try to find them and maybe scan them.

To take the factory deck out, simply remove the one screw behind the ash tray then simply put ur fingers in the two holes below, and pull it towards you. It should just come right out without any problems. Also try not to drop the screw down into the holes.

and I just put my crossovers down next to where you're feet go, behind the plastic.

Bennett

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A great spot for the crossover for the passenger side is that little panel facing the door. It is a vertical panel that is supposed to have a fuse box there. Mine didn't so I did some dremeling of the plastic and used industrial strength velcro to attach it to the panel itself.

Now getting the wires through to the door speaker will be a real pain in the glutes. I pulled off that flexible rubber seal going from the door to the body. It covers a connector that blocks the whole hole.

Any suggestions?

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bobby
help!.gif

the deck is one screw under the AC that flat shelf there are 4 screws on the corners of deck wiring up your new deck will be hard if it your first time
your component i put my crossover in the door I tune my system allot just a ez spot for my to get to taking the door off it clips so you just work it till it comes off what component are you looking at getting