steering wheel shake.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chazb

Reaction score
I just put a 3'' lift in my 03 liberty freedom edition. When im driving on a bumpy paved or dirt road the steering wheel shakes back and forth. Im getting a front end alignment tomorrow. Im thinking this wont take care of the issue. if anyone has any info it would be welcomed :happy160:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the alignment 1st,your camber and toe are way out causing severe handling issues.After the alignment if you still have it then you need to start looking for worn parts and tire balancing.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on the tire balancing. When was the last time these tires were properly balanced? Are they new? Last time I got tires, the balancing machine was not functioning correctly at the place I got them done. Took them 4 (free of charge) balancings to realize that their machine calibration was WAY off.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed something similar after I lifted my Jeep. An alignment and new tires (balancing the wheels) fixed the problem.

chazb

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! To my surprise the alignment took care of the problem. The jeep drives great again! thanks again for your help.