Steering noise again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ken270741

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, posted awhile back and have seen a few others on here with steering noise.
On an 06 sport, had my daughter turn the wheel while watching the rack, etc.
Nothing moves and all seems tight, except for 2 rubber lines. They run from just below where the steering wheel linkage connects into the rack, up to behind the driver's side headlight, thru some crazy looking metal bracket secured to the top of the wheel well, thru a metal line about 3 inches that just seems to reverse the direction back into another rubber line, to return to the same area. Sorry i don't have a picture currently. Anyone have any idea what this is for or what it does? It seems to move around alot when the wheel is turned lock to lock. I am thinking this is where my noise and pop are somehow coming from. It also ONLY pops when the jeep is been run for awhile and everything under the hood is hot.
Thanks ken

ken270741

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get that they are high pressure lines, but my question is more, they seem to just run up behind the headlight and go thru the bracket that just seems to reverse their direction back. Would this have been for an external cooler??
Anyway the bracket that reverses the direction moves alot when the wheel is turned, i would think that it should be secured better
thanks
ken

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get that they are high pressure lines, but my question is more, they seem to just run up behind the headlight and go thru the bracket that just seems to reverse their direction back. Would this have been for an external cooler??
Anyway the bracket that reverses the direction moves alot when the wheel is turned, i would think that it should be secured better
thanks
ken
That extra length of line is mostly to increase fluid capicity.Should see how much extra line the '02 KJ's have compared to newer KJ's.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That extra length of line is mostly to increase fluid capicity.Should see how much extra line the '02 KJ's have compared to newer KJ's.

Yeap it is insane and I was making same comment a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online