Steering intermediate shaft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's very simple to replace. There is one bolt at the top under the dash, one at the bottom, near the steering rack, and the two going through the driver's side fender well that hold the stabilizer bracket. Then remove it from inside the engine compartment. It really is simple.
Just make sure you tie the steering wheel to one or both grab handles. Once the shaft is removed the steering wheel will turn freely so if you turn the steering wheel or bump it and it spins too far it will break the clock spring.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys ,

I started to hear some WHINE OR GROWL noise on my steering after some Serious Sand dunes off-road trips, it only happens when turning to left.

have no idea what is that ,sounds like something is dry and need to be lubricated

i have checked under the hood ,found one hose connected to bump and it looks wet on the rubber part and near metal connection a bit of oil is there.

Steering oil level in reservoir is fine ,no oil under car when parked for a while.

Appreciate your help guys.

BR,
Tawfik

AVR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Tawfik,

I had a growling from my steering that turned out to be a leaking high-pressure hose in the power steering. If it only happen on left turns, though, then it may be something else, like a wheel bearing.

Where are you in the UAE? I'm in Discovery Gardens, Dubai.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello AVR2 ,

Yeah I see one going to steering pump and it looks so oily all over ,but still no leak on ground or in oil level.

Am in Dubai also ,Green community ,Nice to see somebody on the forum from where i live :) ,552002456

Last edited:

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello ,

Anybody has experience with steering pressure hose, looks like I need one, dealer price is too high, found a couble other brands on ebay, crown and omnix ,
r they good ? The omnix is the cheaper is it ok to go For it ?