Steering column multi-function switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nnorton44

Reaction score
I have an 05 Liberty w/o fog lamps and I needed a new column switch and I was accidentally sent a switch with fog lamp. I got a good deal on it so I want to know would it hurt anything to install the switch with fog lamp control?

I just don't want to pull it and it fries the headlights or something.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a sign. I think you need fog lights :). Sorry I can't help on the question.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I installed the full OEM fog light kit with the Multifunction switch and lights. The lights themselves are powered via tapping into a wire on the driver's side headlight and a relay under the dash. If none of those are there it just won't do anything at all. If you're unsure, just make sure the fog light relay is pulled if you should have one there for any reason. (I didn't until I did the installation.)

But I'm with CzarKJ - this is a sign. :cheers:

nnorton44

Reaction score
Is the kit available minus the multifunction switch? And is it only 05-07 for compatibility; may check the junkyard for some lights also.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a sign its time for you to get fog lights, it will make the your liberty look tougher and also it will help you see when you are on a road at night with out street lamps.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
These look identical to what came in my OEM kit:

Vision Jeep 2005 06 07 Liberty Fog Light Right or Left | eBay

You'd need a pair of them, of course, along with the relay, fuse and some wire. If you look at the installation guide I posted you'll probably have a clearer idea. And be careful before you order - I searched for "05 Liberty fog lights", but make sure you get the right ones before buying anything.

I think your junkyard idea is well worth pursuing too. It would save you having to rig up your own wiring harness.

nnorton44

Reaction score
These look identical to what came in my OEM kit:

Vision Jeep 2005 06 07 Liberty Fog Light Right or Left | eBay

You'd need a pair of them, of course, along with the relay, fuse and some wire. If you look at the installation guide I posted you'll probably have a clearer idea. And be careful before you order - I searched for "05 Liberty fog lights", but make sure you get the right ones before buying anything.

I think your junkyard idea is well worth pursuing too. It would save you having to rig up your own wiring harness.
Yeah I have reviewed the guide and its pretty straight forward but my question is more about compatibility. Do only 05-07 Libertys have the same fog light assembly? There is an 03 at the junkyard that I pulled a gate handle switch, gate latch actuator, and blower motor resistor out of the other weekend but it was stripped and I can't recall if the fogs were intact. Don't want to drive out there to see if 03s are ruled out.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That I do not know for sure, and I'd hate to guess and steer you wrong. Someone should be along who does know, though.

ktmwoodsman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have reviewed the guide and its pretty straight forward but my question is more about compatibility. Do only 05-07 Libertys have the same fog light assembly? There is an 03 at the junkyard that I pulled a gate handle switch, gate latch actuator, and blower motor resistor out of the other weekend but it was stripped and I can't recall if the fogs were intact. Don't want to drive out there to see if 03s are ruled out.

No the 03's are not the same. 02-04 and 05-07 for foglights. The 02-04 are in the bumper.