Stainless steel step bars......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glamurgurl9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
I hope i'm posting in the right section.... #-o I just ordered these off eBay for my Jeep. Has anybody had any experience with this product? I'm hopin they're fairly easy to install, they're bolt-ons......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=230086424413&rd=1,1

Good luck installing them! Luckily, my jeep came with them! I swear I didnt think I was gonna get all of the salt, ice and slush off of them yesterday at the carwash!! It was 4 inches thick!!

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Manik Chrome Nerf Boards on my Libby a few months ago, also a bolt-on installation. The parts in the picture on the ebay link look similar to the ones that came with my kit, so I think if you're handy, you should be able to figure it out. The instructions that came with my kit were not that great, so you'll probably have to do a bit of figuring, but I recall the installation as not being all that difficult and only taking about 3 hours working at a relaxed pace. You may or may not need a second set of hands given some of the mounting locations, especially when you mount the actual board. Once the install is complete, you'll be really happy, as those boards look really killer on the Libby.

Also, after a few weeks of having just the nerf boards, I decided to install mud guards as well because after a few rainy days, the chrome started getting dirty and had a lot of dried water spots. The mud guards (especially on the front) seem to really help protect the nerf boards in bad weather, but that installation gave new meaning to the term "pain in the a$$". That's a whole other story...

Good luck installing it and let us know how it goes! Post any questions if you run into snags.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they use Nutzerts MadDog?

If so, you need to be sure that they fully compress libbychick. Its important no to go over or under 25-30ft lbs. If they are not tightened enough, they will not hold and will pull back out. To much, and they will strip.

Im unsure if thats how they mount though. :-s

sfreddy9

Reaction score
I have these exact bars on my Steel Blue 02 from the same seller on eBay, who was very helpful when I called and asked a question. They were very easy to install. The only complication is that I broke a bolt installing them and they are custom bolts that are shaved to fit into the stock holes underneath. I had to rig something with a new bolt and washer combo to get them to stay. Mine are tight and not going anywhere. I wouldn't recommend standing on them, they are purely cosmetic, but look great. I don't have any pics with them on, but I will take one tomorrow and post it. You also can't tell in the picture on eBay but the black step pads have "Buffalo" stamped in them.

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Nutzert?

The bolts that mine used were bolts attached to a small metal bar that you could use to position them into the holes in the lower frame/chassis. Once the bolt was positioned, the nuts would secure from the outside of the frame. I didn't have to use a torque wrench, nor did the instructions call for it. Mine are nice and tight as well, tight enough for me to stand on when getting in and out of the truck (though I am pretty light).

I highly reccomend the Manik set both for construction, stability, and look. I paid about $425 for the chrome set from autoanything.com, but an investment well worth it as my dealer wanted $1000 to install factory ones. Three hours and half that amount bought me the same look.

I would get you pictures, but I am travelling for work this week and won't be back til Sunday.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MadDog said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Nutzert?

Jeep likes putting little octogon holes in the frame. a "Nutzer" is shaped like an octogon to go into the hole, but the inside is threaded.

So you stick it into the frame, then when you bolt whatever to it and it compresses the zert against the frame to make a nice, tight, anchor point.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. In that case, no, there were no nutzerts included in my kit, everything was standard nut and bolt to the lower frame, albeit in some weird locations. But once completed, everything seemed to fit together pretty well.

Marlon: I believe the Manik kit I bought was for all 2006 submodels. Not sure if it's compatible with earlier model years. Check out this link and see if you can find something for your year.

http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/60A2326A0A0.aspx?kc=ff990

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow everybody! Thanks for all the responses!!! I think they're gonna look pretty cool. It'll help, cause when I take my daughters or grandma places, they have a lil bit of a rough time getting in and out. I was just worried that I'd have a hard time puttin em on. I wanna make sure I have the tools I need......

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MadDog - I bought the 3" black manik's for my 06.

How were your rear mounting brackets? Mine were a little short and the step is about 1/3 under the door. I called and they are sending me longer brackets - non powder coated for me to try out. If they fit then they'll send me the finished brackets. I think I'm a Gineua Pig here.

<center>
<a href="http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/hdgreyrider/mountmanik4-1.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>
<a href="http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/hdgreyrider/manik3inch.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>
</center>

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grey-

Indeed you are correct, mine are slightly tucked under the vehicle. Not by 1/3 I don't think, but they are just a little bit underneath and don't stick out as far as I'd like them to. I just figured it was the way they designed it so that they don't get caught on anything hanging too far outside the body. They are still functional though and they look awesome! Let me know if you have any luck with the other mounting brackets, I might consider contacting Manik as well if that solution works for you.

I won't be getting home from St. Louis until Sunday, so I'll try to take some pics then and post. Good luck with the install LibertyChick, chances are you won't need tools outside of a socket/wrench set and maybe a few other common items. That's all I needed.

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok HELP!!!!!! I just finished the first side, and it's almost at an angle! Like it sticks out more towards the front, and is tucked under more towards the rear! Everything is bolted exctley where it's supposed to be!!!! What'd I do wrong!??? UGH

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok HELP!!!!!! I just finished the first side, and it's almost at an angle! Like it sticks out more towards the front, and is tucked under more towards the rear! Everything is bolted exctley where it's supposed to be!!!! What'd I do wrong!??? UGH

How much of an angle is it? Perhaps they sent you the wrong brackets?
Is it more angled than my post above?

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grey said:

How much of an angle is it? Perhaps they sent you the wrong brackets?
Is it more angled than my post above?

actually its alot like your post.....i finished em. i'm guessing thats how theyre supposed to look lol.......i'll post pics when i get hm from class!

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the uniframe actually angles towards the back in relation to the body...they are not parallel. So the mounts should actually be different lengths to compensate.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The uniframe tapers to the front of the jeep. So that means it get closer together the further forward you go..

Are you sure that you put the brackets in the correct spot? Can you even switch them? O:)

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
The uniframe tapers to the front of the jeep. So that means it get closer together the further forward you go..

Are you sure that you put the brackets in the correct spot? Can you even switch them? O:)

i'm pretty positive..... :-k
Did ya check out my pics in the gallery?