stability control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to bypass the stability control in my liberty for offroading? Couple months ago I had drove my kj out to a property that I hunt and ran into a snag. The lane is just a dirt path and it had rained. The path curves going down a small hill to the edge of the field. Getting out there was easy but going up the hill I started to slide so I figured I'd do like I always did in my truck and just give it a bit more gas and slide around the curve and be up the hill. Boy was I wrong when the kj started going slightly sideways and all was well until I learned just how well the stability control works and the jeep decided nope I'm going straight. Had no clue at the time that the stability control stayed on when the traction control was turned off. I never did make it up the hill on my own and had to get a buddy to come pull me up the hill.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you in 4Low? I thought when you were in 4Low it shut off?

My 05 doesn't have that crap so not sure.

Dave

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mime stays on in 4 lo and 4 high. The traction control goes off in 4 low but my stability control still functions. Not sure if it is suppose to or not but it does. Very inconvenient when trying to maneuver in the mud as it will not allow the jeep to slide and can really kill much needed momentum when needed

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way you can completely disable it is to pull the ABS fuse but then you know longer have ABS and Im pretty sure no power brakes either, I think I saw something about someone putting a toggle switch in line with ABS and was able to disable it with the flip of a switch, I personally wouldn't do it and I honestly enjoy the way the system works when wheeling, but not sure I have been in much mud to see how it acts.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way you can completely disable it is to pull the ABS fuse but then you know longer have ABS and Im pretty sure no power brakes either, I think I saw something about someone putting a toggle switch in line with ABS and was able to disable it with the flip of a switch, I personally wouldn't do it and I honestly enjoy the way the system works when wheeling, but not sure I have been in much mud to see how it acts.
If you pull the ABS fuse you will not effect the mechanical braking system in anyway,you just don't have ABS,traction control,or ESP functioning.You will have full power brakes and the ABS pump will default in a non-ABS proportioning valve state.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, I wasn't exactly sure, it was a while ago I read about pulling the fuse and couldn't remember what all it effected.

Latest posts

Members online