SS TSL/Thornbirds???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw_bus86

Reaction score
I'm still a newb, this is my second post. I live in Hawaii and trying to get everything ready and ordered before I redeploy back home. I'm getting a SkyJacker 2.5in lift(because it has a 3yr parts and labor warranty).idea.gif Now I'm trying to find the right wheel/tire combination. I found some Pro Comp rims similar to my WJ. So I have two ?'s...:confused:

16x8 vs. 16x10 Rim??? Both with 4.5 BS Or 15x8 vs 15x10 w/ 4.5 BS

Has anyone actually ran the TSL's? If so how was it/ is it?

Jeep will be used mainly to ride on the beach and go mudding...:cool: I've gone thru a few threads but couldn't find anyone who's actually ran them. Please Help!

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep your OE wheels
IMO they will work the best with what ever tire you choose
the most common size for a lifted KJ is a 245/75 R16
even with a 15X7 and 3.25" of Back spacing you will destroy you flares at full stuff
you need to keep the back spacing at 4.5" or so
I ran some Bias ply swampers on my TJ THEY ARE JUNK for any rig that sees street use
you will not fit many if any swampers so get them out of your mind
I have the new MTR-K's in a 32 X 11.5 on a 15" rim ,talking TJ
they are wider than a 31 X 11.5 swamper and a good 1.5" taller
they are almost the same as the 33 X 12.5 Truxs MT
the reason I am telling you this is because from what I have been reading all of the sizes in the new MTR run big and they are great on and off road
also much lighter and much less rolling resistance than any swamper
my TJ get better MPG with the bigger tires
you will go through a set of swampers about every 25K so cost per mile is the same as a Goodyear
and the MTR will fit with the lift you want on the OE wheel with little modifications
the pinch weld is 1 of maybe 2 or 3 things that you will need to address no matter what tire you run

aw_bus86

Reaction score
Thanks J!!! You just saved me a bunch of headaches. I appreciate all the info. I do like the idea of saving some dough and sticking with my stock rims. I check out those tires you mentioned.