Can't Wait Install My Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw_bus86

Reaction score
:D So I decided against the SkyJacker...I found a complete OME kit with Rancho Shocks and Struts!!!:D. I can't wait to get home and lift our KJ. It was also way cheaper than the SJ! idea.gif

Also decided against the SS TSL tires:rolleyes: Good move on my part I believe. I didn't want to deal with cutting my fenders or anything like that.

Any suggestions on Mud Terrain tires for a 16x8 rim with 4.5 BS???:confused:

Oh...do I need any spacers for the rear???

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
So you found a complete front lift, none for the rear? What rear spacers do you mean...suspension? Just order some OME rear coils and Rancho shocks and your good to go...don't mess with rear poly spacers...do it right the first time.

BFG makes a good MT, Goodyear MT/R's Firestone Destination MT's

aw_bus86

Reaction score
Right lol...Sorry I left out that I got OME for the rear as well. OME heavy duty coils and the recommended Rancho shocks. I got confused about a lift that a guy did with a two wheel drive he added a 2" spacer in the rear...

Disadvantages of being a newb lol

I also checked out those tires...Can I use my stock rims or should I upgrade?

aw_bus86

Reaction score
Really diggin the Goodyear MT/R's w/ Kevlar! Is $170 per a good price? I think I'll stick with the OEM wheels. Save me some cash for more mods and upgrade. My wife can't wait to both the KJ/Wj out in some mud! Didn't mean to go off subject from my lift but...hey I got the answers I needed. Now time to order the Teraflex Bumpstops...How much do I need?

Thanks!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Really diggin the Goodyear MT/R's w/ Kevlar! Is $170 per a good price? I think I'll stick with the OEM wheels. Save me some cash for more mods and upgrade. My wife can't wait to both the KJ/Wj out in some mud! Didn't mean to go off subject from my lift but...hey I got the answers I needed. Now time to order the Teraflex Bumpstops...How much do I need?

Thanks!

Bump stops are like $25 /pair and only come in one length

aw_bus86

Reaction score
Lol. Same place. 4Wheel Part Hawaii. Kinda had to piece it together myself. OME aren't on their site but when I asked about them he said they carry the brand. I ordered the recommend coils for the front and rear as well as the rancho shocks. Ended up being 95 bucks cheaper.

Hawaii needs a KJ community!!! 4WPH hasn't even installed a lift on a KJ yet. Never personally seen one in Hawaii as well. Hoping to be the first and start a trend.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need 1 bump stop per spring with the HD coils up front
the med springs do not need them
it has to do with the thickness of the coil material as well as the number of times the coil is wound
which causes the HD springs to "stack" but the med coils are fine on OE bump stops

You will need 2" spacers for the rear if you have Rancho shocks
they are longer than stock and the first time you try to fully stuff a rear tire you will destroy your shock

The OE rims work just fine with a 245/75 tire
I have the MTR-K's on my TJ ,I think I told you that, and I love them
if my wife goes back to school and is driving the estimated 500 miles per week
then she is getting AT's ,if we decide that it would be better to get a new car then the KJ will be getting the MTR-K's

aw_bus86

Reaction score
Hey J. Question??? Could you elaborate more on why I would need a 2" spacer in the rear please. Still trying to understand. KJ924 said that I wouldn't need it. I just want to do it right.

I was reading another thread about a guy who put 2" spacers in the rear, but he had a 2x4.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
2" Spacers are for use with OEM coils to give lift. Since you are getting new coils from OME, then the spacers are not needed. You may want rear bump stops and front bump stops too.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey J. Question??? Could you elaborate more on why I would need a 2" spacer in the rear please. Still trying to understand. KJ924 said that I wouldn't need it. I just want to do it right.

I was reading another thread about a guy who put 2" spacers in the rear, but he had a 2x4.

if you run the Rancho shocks you need to extend the rear bump stops
the OE bump stops are to short and will allow you to over compress the Rancho shocks

This has NOTHING to do with coil spacers or the length of the coils them self

Latest posts

Members online