SRT GRAND CHEROKEE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(cool)
Looks like a nice, pimpin ride for the celebrities. I'd like to see it in action in another "Fast & the Furious" movie. (biggrin)

P4M

Reaction score
Trail Rated

Get used to Jeeps that are not "Trail Rated". More are coming. I personally think it is good for Jeep business-wise. The big SUV is losing momentum. A few products like a wagon and wagon-based SUV are going to be really good for them.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Not entirely true, Jon.

Of course non 4x4s aren't trail rated.

There's also the 3.7L Equipped Grand Cherokee and Commander with Quadra-Trac I. It's not trail rated either...

But yes, the Compass is coming... Jeep hinted at Trail Ratedness with the Patriot, so I'm not calling it just yet...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe they will have all these little jeep cars making all the money and then they will make one really good off road libby!! with solid axles and a HEMI!!

Canyonero02

Reaction score
Thats probably what theyre are going for. Make their money off the more street friendly models while still making trail capable rigs to stay true to their base.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I really do not think that DCX gives a crap about Jeep's heritage other than how it relates to selling current vehicles. The biggest reason you might see more off-roadable Jeeps in the future is the fact that Rubi sales exceeded expectations. DCX couldn't care less what people do to 5 year old jeeps in the form of modifications. They generally do not make a dime off of those mods. Their loyalty ( rightfully so, in a business sense) is to their shareholders and that means going for profit regardless of history. The Patriot may indeed receive a "trail-rated" badge, but this would really make me question (like many do now) if that badge means anything or not. The Patriot is basically a Jeep branded version of the Subaru Forester idea. Guys who want to hard-core KJ's off-road had better get used to the idea of a SFA swap, just like the Taco and FS Chevy guys have been doing for years. But the AWD single-speed Patriot? It would take more than an SFA.....

Canyonero02

Reaction score
I dont think people will be buying a patriot for a trail rig. I wouldnt take one on anything past a snowy road myself.

DCX will continue to make trail capable jeeps. Theyve made some of the most capable vehicles theyve ever produced in the last couple years...the rubicon and the power wagon. i doubt they make much money at all on the powerwagon but they still make it. They need vehicles like that for overall brand apeal. They might not be big money makers, but they draw attention to the brand and help boost sales for all their vehicles.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd buy a SRT8 if I had the money.. LOL.. would be fun to drive... =D>

This is why I love Jeep and Chrysler products... they are just so innovative and it's good to a see company like that.

Bennett

P4M

Reaction score
??

Truthfully, I don't think "Trail Rated" means a whole lot anyway. I think that badge and marketing was a mistake and will bite them with the new models.

Few things:
1. KJ's are a pain from the standpoint of lifts and bigger wheels, there is an obvious limit and kills the real off-road ability of it. All seven lifts we have done on them have made moderate differences.

2. The far majority of the KJ's I see are on pavement including my own 5 days a week in the winter.

3. The far majority of SUV's I have seen in real world off-road have had non-modified suspensions and work just fine with a good driver behind the wheel, Geo, Land Rover, Toyota, Jeep... whomever.

So really the badge Trail Rated is 99% marketing. They should spend more time on fixing these little nagging issues we see posted here instead of making moderate off road courses a Kia could get through.

SkidMarkSteve

Reaction score
Jeep needs to lay off with the 2wd stuff and the IFS set up. When people think of Jeep, they think of 4x4ing a mountain side or something similar, not "pimpin'" the streets.

I wanna see solid axels and windshields with almost 0 degree rake.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
it's just the sign of the times. so many SUV's out on the road w/ DUBs and none offroad stuff....regardless of the make and model. Simply put Jeep is just trying to get a piece of the pie. I would like to see the libby w/ an easier way to mod it. It's also fairly new, so...time will tell on what stuff will come out for it.

in any case, im fairly happy they get stuff like this out. it adds more to the customer base, and it keeps the brand alive....

chefdab

Reaction score
There's also the 3.7L Equipped Grand Cherokee and Commander with Quadra-Trac I. It's not trail rated either...
I think that is because even though it is four wheel drive, it doesn't have a low range.

SkidMarkSteve

Reaction score
chefdab said:
I think that is because even though it is four wheel drive, it doesn't have a low range.

It probably isnt very powerful with a 3.7, either.