Squeek/squeel...u-joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have developed a squeak/squeal that seems to come from my driver's side front.

When I accelerate the squeaking sound picks up along with speed. I can hear it most at low speeds like when I am pulling into the parking garage at the office although on the highway it will come and go. If I touch the brakes, the sound seems to go away.

U-joints? Other thoughts? My brakes are fine I think. About 82000km.

Cheers!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are any U-joints in the front/driver's side. I think the only U-joint in the vehicle is on the rear driveshaft. That leaves the CV axle and something in the brakes in my head.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also the CV joint at the transfer case end of the front driveshaft. As I mentioned in another post, this time of year there's always a rash of questions about squeaks, squeals, pops, clicks blah blah blah cuz we have our windows down in the Spring and Summer. We hear the sounds now even though they've been there for a few months.

Read through this How-To thread then crawl under your Jeep and look at the boot on your CV. I'll bet you tomorrow morning's cup of coffee that's what's making the noise.

Buy the replacement from DriveshaftParts.com for $55 plus shipping.

Bob

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an easy fix. What you need to do is----turn the radio up louder until you can't hear it anymore.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also the CV joint at the transfer case end of the front driveshaft. As I mentioned in another post, this time of year there's always a rash of questions about squeaks, squeals, pops, clicks blah blah blah cuz we have our windows down in the Spring and Summer. We hear the sounds now even though they've been there for a few months.

Read through this How-To thread then crawl under your Jeep and look at the boot on your CV. I'll bet you tomorrow morning's cup of coffee that's what's making the noise.

Buy the replacement from DriveshaftParts.com for $55 plus shipping.

Bob

I was going to say this if he didn't say passenger side. But it's always worth a check!