Squeaky Front Suspension??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4M

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Renny with 32K on it. Over the past 6 months the front suspension has developed some sqeaking whenever there is considerable body roll, or going over bigger bumps. This is the front suspension only. The rear says quiet.

No lift kit. No mods. Drives down the road perfectly. Ball joints were changed under warranty around 24K.

Am I looking at a bushing issue or shock absorber issue? Something else?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to do as much of my own routine maintenance as I can and when I do an oil change and have the KJ up on ramps, I spray all the bushings with ENDURA. It is a heavy duty penetrating grease made by CASTLE and is in a blue and red spray can. I think I got it at Autozone, but I think any auto parts place will have it. While you're at it do the ones by the rear axle also. It is thick and stays put unlike wd40 or something like that. A mechanic told me about it and I have been using it ever since. It should stop the squeak if that's where it's coming from. Mine doesn't squeek but I don't know if it would if I didn't use it, since I've been using it since it was new. It won't hurt anything.

If you do decide to try it, let us know if it stops the squeak.

Dave

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha I Was Wondering Where This Thread Was. We Have So Many People That Come In For This Noise. So Ehre It Goes , The Noise Everyone Hears Is The Sway Bar Bushing We Have Hundreds In Stock All We Do Is Replace Them. I Have Asked So Many Time Why They Dont Incoperate A Zerk Fitting Into These But They Say Not The Way It Was Designed Lol. So I Guess Thats It
All You Really Have To Do Is Take Them Down And Put A Nice Layer Of Grease Like A Hi Temp Water Proof Grease.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha I Was Wondering Where This Thread Was. We Have So Many People That Come In For This Noise. So Ehre It Goes , The Noise Everyone Hears Is The Sway Bar Bushing We Have Hundreds In Stock All We Do Is Replace Them. I Have Asked So Many Time Why They Dont Incoperate A Zerk Fitting Into These But They Say Not The Way It Was Designed Lol. So I Guess Thats It
All You Really Have To Do Is Take Them Down And Put A Nice Layer Of Grease Like A Hi Temp Water Proof Grease.

eek2dance.gif

I have the squeak to and did what you said. It worked perfectly!!

allen66

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty 2&a half daystar lift and it makes a weird squeaking noise coming from the driver side wheel it can be Park and if the kick the tires it makes the noise any ideas

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...it can be Park and if the kick the tires it makes the noise any ideas

Yeah, don't kick the tires! ;)
Could be a number of reasons. You need to get your eyes and ears under the Jeep while someone else does the kicking.
And, holy thread revival Batman!

robfuse

Reaction score
Squeaking

I am having the same problem with squeaking and here are the details:
2002 KJ, 3" OME lift; replaced lower ball joints (1 year ago), both UCAs (less than a year ago), inner & outer tie rods (recently), wheel bearing hub assemblies (4 months ago), brake calipers and pads (4 months ago), sway bar bushings (one week ago)
I loosened & sprayed the steering connections with silicone spray.
Nothing changed. Weight on wheels and turning steering wheel side to side it is squeaking at right front wheel, just can't pinpoint it, but definitely coming from that area of the right front wheel.
Tried injecting grease through boot of lower ball joint but needle broke, didn't have much success getting ample grease in it.
So....any ideas?

starrider06

Reaction score
My fix for sway bar bushing noise: Remove the bushings, use sandpaper on the bar where the bushing goes, then wrap the sway bar with Teflon tape (thread sealer tape for sealing pipe threads) then coat the inside of the bushing with Sil-glyde. You can get both at Napa. They stock some 1" wide Teflon tape at my local store, which works better. If the bushings aren't cracked or look worn inside, I don't replace them

AutoXSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always just add alittle white lithium grease, always stops it instantly. My mazdaspeed protege has issues with this, even with new bushings. The grease always worked for me. Use it on everything I own

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02' had a loud squeaking from the left front wheel. I can even feel it through the floor boards. Seems to get worse, after I've driven about 5 miles. I tried spraying silicone spray on the control arm bushings. I will try lubing up the sway bar bushings. The noise was driving me crazy! Glad to know it's just that simple...I hope!

Zach.Scoggins

Reaction score
There is a squeaking coming from the front passenger side , already ruled out the sway bar bushings and the sway bar in links, and the lower ball joint has been greased, the whole front end was pretty much rebuilt when we did the lift, ome springs and bilstein shocks, what else could it be?