Spray-on bedliner on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sicnik

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used spray-on bed liner on their wheels? I have a set of aluminum wheels I was wanting to paint black. what do you think? Will it hold up on the wheels?
Nick

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just use regular spray paint, or even the high temp spray paint. I wouldnt use the spray on bedliner, that stuff is pretty thick, and usually heavy, you would probably end up throwing off the balance of the wheels also.

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the ceramic engine paint from walmart and it hald up fine, just do your sanding and prep work and you'll be fine

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sicnik said:
Has anyone ever used spray-on bed liner on their wheels? I have a set of aluminum wheels I was wanting to paint black. what do you think? Will it hold up on the wheels?
Nick

-Remove tires
-Take wheels to professional bed liner shop
-say "Spray these this color for the price we agreed on"
-Be sure to have the inside of the wheel done, as well as the face, but not on the outside along the circumference.
-Pick up wheels when complete
-Remount tires

I've seen this done, and as long as its a pro, the end result is HOT.

NO YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT WITH A CAN OF IT FROM AUTOZONE!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would look awesome on those crappy 16" sport wheels they throw in, looks like tin can rims.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
I wouldnt use the spray on bedliner, that stuff is pretty thick, and usually heavy, you would probably end up throwing off the balance of the wheels also.

x2, sounds like a really bad idea

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRotblat Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

especko wrote:
I wouldnt use the spray on bedliner, that stuff is pretty thick, and usually heavy, you would probably end up throwing off the balance of the wheels also.

X3-I'd hate to be the person trying to balance those things.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj2002 said:
SRotblat Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

especko wrote:

X3-I'd hate to be the person trying to balance those things.

I think it would be okay. An EVEN coat of bedliner shouldnt throw the balance off so far that it couldnt be fixed on a good computerized balancer. I would say it should be done professionally though.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An EVEN coat of bedliner shouldnt throw the balance off
I've sprayed bedliners(not line-x or rhinolining,but know poeple that do)when I worked at a bodyshop and there is no such thing as a EVEN coat for bedliners.You can get close and it may look even but it's not and you are going to need major wheel wieghts to correct the inbalance.Personally I will keep moving a tire on a rim till it's balanced with less then 4 oz's(MT/R's are really a pain to balance in the bigger sizes).