Sport vs. Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Limited will have body color fenders and bumpers and will have shiny shit in the interior. A Sport will have gray fenders and bumpers and will not have shiny shit inside.

I'm gonna have to dissagree on you with this one. My Fiancee's 02 KJ is a sport and it's got shinny shit inside. Specially when the puppy was in there one time lol :p

no but seriously. she has a Sport with most if not all the limited interior options for that time. She bought it used back in the summer. so we're not sure if it came from factory that way or it was custom order. My bet is it came from the factory that way. I've seen alot of differient package combo's put together on sport models when i bought my KJ backin 06.

Last edited:

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There really is not much difference at all between the Liberty Sport and Liberty Limited. These differences really disappear, especially in the later model year variants.

Random Thoughts:
The real hardware differences were between 4 cylinder / 6 cylinder models but Chrysler stopped building the 4 cylinder back in 2005. All KJ's after got the 3.7L V6 as the only engine option.

The Liberty Renegade models got a 160A alternator. All other models got a 132A alternator. Not that it makes a lick of difference - the vehicle computer controls all charging so you can't even swap to the higher output one. [Bummer!]

I think the select-trac transfer case was optional on all models (except those with manual transmissions) across the years. So this might be a difference for you. Which transfer case do you have?

Tire sizes used to be different between Sport and Limited but that too changed in 2005. All KJ's now just come with the 235/70/R16 or the R17 version [geez I’m getting bad. I don't even remember tire size anymore]

Last edited:

Guiitar Man

Reaction score
There really is not much difference at all between the Liberty Sport and Liberty Limited. These differences really disappear, especially in the later model year variants.

Random Thoughts:
The real hardware differences were between 4 cylinder / 6 cylinder models but Chrysler stopped building the 4 cylinder back in 2005. All KJ's after got the 3.7L V6 as the only engine option.

The Liberty Renegade models got a 160A alternator. All other models got a 132A alternator. Not that it makes a lick of difference - the vehicle computer controls all charging so you can't even swap to the higher output one. [Bummer!]

I think the select-trac transfer case was optional on all models (except those with manual transmissions) across the years. So this might be a difference for you. Which transfer case do you have?

Tire sizes used to be different between Sport and Limited but that too changed in 2005. All KJ's now just come with the 235/70/R16 or the R17 version [geez I’m getting bad. I don't even remember tire size anymore]

I definitely have a Sport! I have no clue which transfer case I have though.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a good replacement for a Rene, but a good model, if you want the Limited exterior, sans the grill...

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to dissagree on you with this one. My Fiancee's 02 KJ is a sport and it's got shinny shit inside. Specially when the puppy was in there one time lol :p

no but seriously. she has a Sport with most if not all the limited interior options for that time. She bought it used back in the summer. so we're not sure if it came from factory that way or it was custom order. My bet is it came from the factory that way. I've seen alot of differient package combo's put together on sport models when i bought my KJ backin 06.
Yeah, ours has it too. I put it there (OH console, trim pieces, steering wheel radio controls, etc).

Random Thoughts:

Stocker is a 136amp.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Replaced the Renegade for '07 only.

More along the lines of the '07's "Special" edition.

'03 - Freedom Edition
'04 - Columbia / Rocky Mountain Edition (Same, except Columbia Edition came with a Columbia Jacket)
'05 - Rocky Mountain Edition Continued
'06 - Jeep 65th Anniversary Edition
'07 - Latitude Edition