Sport vs. Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guiitar Man

Reaction score
I just bought a 2007 Libby 4x4. I haven't been much of a car guy in the past because I've had hand-me-down pieces of poo. This is the first vehicle I purchased, actually feel proud to drive, love to drive, and want to upgrade.

I can't really find anything online that says the differences in the two. Mine has the metal badge on the side fender that says "Limited 4x4" but the paper that the dealership had posted in the window says "Liberty Sport." I'm wondering if they just didn't know either and called it a Sport.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Pics of this metal badge, please. I'd love to see it.

If you have gray plastic fender flares and bumper, you've got a Sport. Simple.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Sports are for sporty people,Limiteds are for not so sporty people.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like a Latitude (between a sport and Limited)....do you have leather?

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2007 Libby 4x4. I haven't been much of a car guy in the past because I've had hand-me-down pieces of poo. This is the first vehicle I purchased, actually feel proud to drive, love to drive, and want to upgrade.

I can't really find anything online that says the differences in the two. Mine has the metal badge on the side fender that says "Limited 4x4" but the paper that the dealership had posted in the window says "Liberty Sport." I'm wondering if they just didn't know either and called it a Sport.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Ask the dealer for a "Build Sheet" for your vehicle. Keep it in the Glove Box for reference. The Maroney (to be removed only by the purchaser) sticker should correctly state what model your Liberty is.

Regardless, enjoy your new Jeep.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Limited will have body color fenders and bumpers and will have shiny shit in the interior. A Sport will have gray fenders and bumpers and will not have shiny shit inside.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So TJKJ's KJ is Limited in what it can do because it is a Limited trim package, despite being SFA'd...no stock parts...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
TJKJ's KJ is the Limited trim package...does that mean it's capabilities are limited?

Don't think so... :)

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
He up graded it from limited to try and gain a little on us SPORTS.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Common people...Sport...Rene...Rocky Mtn...Limited, they're all KJ's....just get along... :)

Latest posts

Members online