Splash/mud guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday while I was at the dealership waiting for them to fix my Liberty, I walked over to the Parts store and ordered a front pair and a rear pair of Deluxe Molded Splash Guards. I ordered the grey ones. Going to pick them up later on after work and install them this evening. I'll take some pics if you guys wantpics2.gif

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Yesterday while I was at the dealership waiting for them to fix my Liberty, I walked over to the Parts store and ordered a front pair and a rear pair of Deluxe Molded Splash Guards. I ordered the grey ones. Going to pick them up later on after work and install them this evening. I'll take some pics if you guys wantpics2.gif

First thing I did with my KJ was to take the mudflaps OFF.;)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I want them on my Jeep. The front guards protect the rocker panels and bottom of the doors from rocks and debris the front tires shoot out. The back ones protect the bottom of the back bumper from rocks and debris the back tires shoot out. Oh and if your pulling a nice boat or trailer, they protect that as well.

Bikeflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make air-dam or front-of-the-wheels mud flap? I hate the major windsheild splash when I go through big road puddles. It's rather disorienting.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i want a set too.. I like the heavy duty rubber ones with JEEP on them you see on eBay. The only thing i don't like about the factory ones that i see on KJ's is they look like a spoon and collect crap on the front of them because there is a lip across the bottom of them. They are just hard plastic.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed them this evening. The front ones were a PITA to install. But totally worth it. They look great. They aren't made of super hard plastic, they have some flex to them. I like em a lot and they are mounted on good so even with a buildup of snow or slush, they won't break.

I'll take some pics in the morning, its pitch black right now.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set for my old 03, saw how complicated it was for the front ones to mount and gave them away to somebody here a couple years ago. I had the same thoughts on them being spoon-shaped too. And the additional issue of having to use regular carbon steel hardware (clips) did not impress me either.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Mud Flaps

I used the rubber dealer flaps on the front. However on the rear the stock dealer's were not wide enough. I went to GM and found some nice wide moulded plastic ones that were taller and wider. Then I used reflective tape on the mudguard bottom in yellow stripes and it looks good. When I trailer the boat, all the gunk does not get on the hull now.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I installed them this evening. The front ones were a PITA to install. But totally worth it. They look great. They aren't made of super hard plastic, they have some flex to them. I like em a lot and they are mounted on good so even with a buildup of snow or slush, they won't break.

I'll take some pics in the morning, its pitch black right now.

It's been my experience that the first time I went off road the damn things got ripped off as soon as I got our Jeep almost to the rockers in the thick goop and they kept it from going foreward!

To each their own!
If that's what you are into, then thats all that counts.:)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only off-roading I will be doing is gravel roads up at the cottage:p So no risk of tearing one off.

They are held on pretty good. Even loaded up with slush and snow I don't think they are going to break.

I think they look good and they provide some protection from rocks and what not the tires shoot out.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only got them on the rear wheels, but I would like them on all four, just haven't got around to getting them yet. I actually tried to take them off the back a few weeks ago, but they've been on there so long there's rub marks so it looked...messy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online