Speaker Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ljamison2000

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport for my first car! I ordered these speakers in 6.75" and hope to use the existing amp for the front 2! Did I make the correct purchase? http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r165x3

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front speakers in mine are 6.5" so you might have some issues there otherwise you will need to mount the amps inside the door as the existing are attached to the speakers via 2 screws on the bottom

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can build a mounting ring out of MDF. I doubt you'll have much issue doing it that way. You can look on youtube for a video on how to make a mounting ring, you can also make them from like HDPE cutting boards and what not if you don't like MDF.

Also the existing amp shouldn't be attached to the speakers, as far as I know lol. Pretty sure the stock head unit is self powered unless there is a premium option but usually in those the amps are mounted in the back somewhere. Either way it should work fine.

Also your link points to some 6.5" speakers.

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah that is probably right just re read the op and noticed it's the sport model mine is the limited so has the infinity

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk