Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I have 74K miles on my original plugs. What's the record? LOL!

I am on 94k with the originals and she is running great...I was not planning on keeping her but now I am hooked. A plug change will happen this week-end that is why I am reading all these old posts on spark plugs:)

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol there might be 80,000 on my plugs I dono. I'm gona have a friend change them soon. I would do them myself but the ones on the passengers side are a little tough to get to.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on 94k with the originals and she is running great...I was not planning on keeping her but now I am hooked. A plug change will happen this week-end that is why I am reading all these old posts on spark plugs:)

wow...you'll have to post your gap size. mine were pushing .070 when i pulled them out at ~59K miles.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

lol there might be 80,000 on my plugs I dono. I'm gona have a friend change them soon. I would do them myself but the ones on the passengers side are a little tough to get to.

wow...you'll have to post your gap size. mine were pushing .070 when i pulled them out at ~59K miles.

about 95k........dont ask, previous owner. the gap was like the grand canyon

Did first plug change at 120000-130000m plugs were NGK,org. I guess,gap was huge,center electrode was worn into ceramic, don't know how it still ran.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 3 part fuel system cleaning.The 1st part is a concentrated cleaning solution that is sucked into the intake while the engine is running.2nd part is a throttle body cleaning(includes the IAC) while the engine is running.The 3rd part is a very concentrated injector cleaner poured into the gas tank.

Do you use the 3 part Mopar Kit? I've seen it at the parts counter and I'm game to try it out.

KCJeep

Reaction score

I changed mine almost right away at about 32,000 and some odd miles on the used jeep with those double platinum plugs +2 bosch makes and are coming up on 80,000 end of warranty miles with those still in it running great that won't void the warranty will it? I get about 172 miles to a half tank with about a 40/60 city to highway mile ratio. Was walking around walmart while on a layover and saw them hanging up in the auto department and figured I would give them a try, and they even had the model in stock pregaped and have not changed them since. Wasn't cheap though but I figure hey platinum you can get about 60,000 miles of use out of them on average. I do put a lot of highway miles once or twice a year depending on which easyrider event or events I decide to go to. Always go to the chillicothe' ohio one that's best one out of those events.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score

I changed them out today, lost my gapping tool but I would say the gap is a bit bigger than that of the new autolites...hopefully I can get close to 17mpg.:)

Attachments

• sp 1.jpg
    sp 1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 23

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought 6 Autolite copper core spark plugs today. Me and my friend are gona put them in tomorrow night.

I'm anxious to see what the old ones look like.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the manual says to change them every 30,000 miles. Copper's last 30-45k. Why waste all the extra money on platinum plugs (that are suppost to last 100k) when the 3.7's spark plugs must be changed every 30k?

Members online

No members online now.