Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miguel

Reaction score
Hi, i own a 2006 Liberty Renegade, are there any SPARK PLUGS that any of you guys could recommend, here in my country there aren't many options.

Miguel

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Bosch Platinum plugs. I had Champion plugs in the Jeep and removed them to put in Bosch Platinums again. The champions had a negative impact on my vehicles performance.

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to tell you, I switched my Champions to Bosch platinums, and my Jeep now runs worse. Noticable stumbling at all speeds, and just a lack of get up and go. I've narrowed it down to the plugs, so I'm going back to champions. Stay away from Bosch, I think there are better suited plugs out there for the lib

Miguel

Reaction score
Ok, i'll have to think about it, thanks anyway for your advice, the thing is i don't have much choice here in Caracas, and i'm going to Fla. in a couple of weeks, so i wanna know which ones should i get, i guess i'll have to keep on doing some research!!!!!!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on the bosch platinums (+4). runs great...
To bad you can't properly gap those plugs and they have been known to have some of there prongs break off into the combustion chamber.In my opinion I wouldn't put those +4,+3,splitfire,or any of those type of plugs in my engine,heck I wouldn't ever use NGK's either.If I would have known they came stock they would have been changed before my KJ left the dealer lot.I have had buddies that used NGK's and the plugs broke apart and destroyed 2 $30,000 engines.Plus I wouldn't use champion plugs in a lawnmower I was trying to blow up(anlong with penzoil,just fill your crankcase with candles and your getting the same thing).Again this is my opinion and experience,your best bet would be the single bosch platnums or the autolights(the best:D ),everything else your just wasting your money.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
To bad you can't properly gap those plugs and they have been known to have some of there prongs break off into the combustion chamber.In my opinion I wouldn't put those +4,+3,splitfire,or any of those type of plugs in my engine,heck I wouldn't ever use NGK's either.If I would have known they came stock they would have been changed before my KJ left the dealer lot.I have had buddies that used NGK's and the plugs broke apart and destroyed 2 $30,000 engines.Plus I wouldn't use champion plugs in a lawnmower I was trying to blow up(anlong with penzoil,just fill your crankcase with candles and your getting the same thing).Again this is my opinion and experience,your best bet would be the single bosch platnums or the autolights(the best:D ),everything else your just wasting your money.

dont they come pre-gapped already..isnt that whole purpose of them. (no gapping needed)

in any case, everyone has different experiences...I mean, i wouldnt buy an ipod , but then again, thats just me.

05kj6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should always check your gap before installing. We've used Bosch, they sure didn't perform and the porcelain kept breaking. Had good luck with Autolite Platinum. Does anyone know anything about the new E3?

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autolite Platinums (AP3923)

X2 on the Autolites,I have them and love then,I have ran Autolites all my life except in my 2 high compression veicles I've owned(over 13 to 1 compression) then I used Denso Iridium plugs.

x3...great spark plugs, not too expensive. Wouldn't recommend using +4 plugs, or any plugs with more than one prong.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.