Spark plug change question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i've never done spark plugs before. In researching the writeups here, and you tube videos etc (i do a lot of researching cause i don't want to screw up something lol) i see nothing about cleaning the area first. Yet with one or two videos i did. I guess to keep dirt that may be around the sockets from falling in.

Is this needed. I do have a air compressor, but it is heavy and would be a pain in the ass to haul up from my basement and outside. '

Thx

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely clean out the area first. Better to haul up the heavy ass compressor than have that crap fall in the cylinders.

My compressor's in my basement, too, but I have the hose on a spool bolted to the ceiling joists and it pulls straight out the outside basement doors. 100' of hose covers a great deal of my yard and driveway.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
^ Yup.."Dust Off" Tall Can of compressed Air...Computer departments / Camera etc got em.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely clean out the area first. Better to haul up the heavy ass compressor than have that crap fall in the cylinders.

My compressor's in my basement, too, but I have the hose on a spool bolted to the ceiling joists and it pulls straight out the outside basement doors. 100' of hose covers a great deal of my yard and driveway.

x2

For the 20 dollars worth of hose and couple fittings you need anyway.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is a vid i made. follow it and youll be fine. its easy to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxsEOCqhHx8

ahahahaha thats you? i love your vids, i used your vids when i changed my gear oil earlier this week. Only problem i was very disapointed that i didnt find an orange or piece of chicken in my rear diff. I think they weren't an option on my years model. HAHAHA!

thanks for the vids and the laughs!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the video is very Scotty Kilmer-ish, but with a twist of smartass!
If it's used as a video for dummies, the viewer might not know where the leg pulling ends and the real stuff starts! ;)

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the video is very Scotty Kilmer-ish, but with a twist of smartass!
If it's used as a video for dummies, the viewer might not know where the leg pulling ends and the real stuff starts! ;)

I had no clue Chrysler was hiding sparkplugs behind the steering wheel and in the spare tire. I better change those ASAP.