Soundgaurd from Ziebart (undercoating)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mlots

Reaction score
I will be getting my new 2005 Liberty in a week or so. Does anyone have any opinions on undercoating? Actually I am more concerned about soundproofing. Are there any pros/cons to getting this done to my new vehicle? Has anyone had any experience with Ziebart? Also, does the Liberty even need any soundproofing from road noise?

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on how long you honestly think you are owning your liberty. Because I've been trading every3 or 4 years, I didn't think it was necessary. My folks had an 87 aries that got ziebarted every year and it still ended up starting to rust, so I would be leaning more to the side of no from that experience. Plus I think it also matters where you live. If you live in the midwest like I used to, then I think it is more useful than if you lived somewhere like Las Vegas (Saw a 70's pinto running down the highway with no rust whatsoever, which scared this midwest boy stiff)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, having lived in the desert southwest all my life I can't imagine spending money on extra undercoating, but for someone back east where they get lots of snow and salt the roads in the winter it *might* be worth it. Depends on how good a job they do of making sure everything is sealed. It wouldn't take but one small gap to let things go to hades...

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that the cars today are as prone to salt damage, as the cars were in the 80's (and earlier). I recall a guy that owned an early 70's GMC truck, that by the late 80's in Chicago (with all the salt) that you could see the road when looking down from inside. And as said above, who owns a car that long?

I admit that I wax (or Rejex) a lot, but that is because it looks good! I love my KJ, but I can see trading it in before it even gets close to 100k.

Latest posts

Members online